"To Be Announced" On EPG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FINAL UPDATE

Update:
I finally got an answer on why my Guide is only updating 2 or 3 days ahead. I do not know if the following is true or not; if you think I've been fed a line of bull, will you please let me know?

They told me that the nonHD/nonDVR boxes will only get 2 or 3 days ahead. The HD boxes get the entire week.

Does that sound true, or am I being taken for a ride?

If it is true, I will switch out my nonHD with an HD box. I asked if I can connect an HD box to my standard TV, and she said yes.

Yes it makes sense. The older SD box has less memory, and therefore less memory available for guide storage.

Probably is the right answer. On my non-dvr-hd stb I have never really checked how far ahead I can do on the guide, whereas the hd-dvr you always are looking ahead.
Thanks very much. That's 4 people now that have said it sounds right, so I think I'll try it out.

Hi folks, as you all agreed, the guide issued was indeed due to it being a standard box. I installed my new HD box yesterday at 1 PM, and by the time I went to bed (10 PM), there was more than a week's worth of info. But of course things are never that easy for me. Program update this morning at 2 AM wiped all of that out and now I get just 6 hours ahead of time. I should have known, it's just my luck. Is that the way this works, it starts form scratch every day, wiping out all info that was already downloaded? Ha ha, I can see it now: I'll have a nightly ritual before I go to bed, doing whatever searching I need to do.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Now my On Demand doesn't work. Ha ha, it never ends...

Well, eventually it does end, but it takes a fair amount of pain to get there. I'd give the guide another day as it likely noted that you were only getting updates and hadn't seen a baseline yet.

The VoD will likely require a support call and getting them to hit the box. Be prepared for the guide info to disappear again when that happens.

I was about to suggest going to a DVR when you were in the worst of it. Still not a bad idea. In addition to the fact that the DVR stores all this on the HDD and it is more stable, there is also the fact that a DVR changes how you watch this stuff. I'd never go back personally.

They will most likely want you to shut down the box and unplug it for 5 minutes and then replug it back in so it will redownload the info, and hopefully that will be it. If not, then it will be the old box hit. good luck.

I was about to suggest going to a DVR when you were in the worst of it. Still not a bad idea. In addition to the fact that the DVR stores all this on the HDD and it is more stable, there is also the fact that a DVR changes how you watch this stuff. I'd never go back personally.
I actually have a DVR, but it's not the Cable company's. It's a Magnavox. It's not quite as good as cable company DVR, but it only cost me around $200, and it's subscription free. It's not dual tuner, but because of my setup (DVR on one output, DVD Recorder with Time Slip on another output), I can record one channel while watching on another channel with complete DVR controls.

I left Time Warner for financial reasons back in June. At that point, I could handle not having cable channels, but the thought of no DVR freaked me out, so I bought the Magnavox.

They will most likely want you to shut down the box and unplug it for 5 minutes and then replug it back in so it will redownload the info, and hopefully that will be it. If not, then it will be the old box hit. good luck.
I'll call Time Warner about On Demand as jayn_j suggests, then if that reset doesn't fix both issues, I'll try your 5 minute unplug suggestion. Thanks!

They will very likely make you do the 5 minute unplug thing while on the phone with them. Makes no sense to do it first, because these guys are on a script and they will make you do it again while on the phone.

However, it is worth a shot, and may save you the hassle of a phone call.

Fini

Hell, just wanted to provide one lat update. All issues have been resolved. Thanks everyone for your help! See ya at the Christmas party!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)