Epics-HD: On the Beach (Don't Miss On The Beach this Saturday)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:up This is an awesome movie, almost as good as the book, Saturday on Cinema 8:

Nuclear-war survivors wait in a U.S. sub off the coast of 1964 Australia. Directed by Stanley Kramer. From the Nevil Shute book.

Starring:
Gregory Peck
Ava Gardner
Fred Astaire
Anthony Perkins

Epics-HD: On the Beach **** (1959, SciFi)

6304111398.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Aspect ratio 1.66 : 1

Summary: Stanley Kramer's 1959 antiwar movie looks like everything Kramer did: subtle as a car wreck but undeniably affecting. Gregory Peck plays a submarine commander looking for survivors in Australia after a nuclear holocaust. Ava Gardner is among them and, somewhat improbably under the circumstances, becomes his love interest. Fred Astaire and Anthony Perkins are among the characters awaiting death from the gradual spread of radiation from the north. One might scoff at Kramer's implicit finger-wagging about nuclear politics in this mad, mad, mad, mad world, but it is hard to stop watching this compelling drama all the same. --Tom Keogh

I watched this movie long ago. It is indeed a great movie by a great director. Looking forward to watching it today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts