Epics/ stars merger?

we are not eve sure there is a merger in the works. One of the owners of Epix is buying Starz but combining the services is speculation on our part.

A few things could happen

1-Lionsgate could sell their share in Epix and as part of the break up frees Lionsgate films to be on Starz.

2-Merger, Starz needs more of a Pay 1 Movie Library ( newer movies on premium channels after the PPV Window), Starz has lost the Disney Library to Netflix, the last new Disney (premiered 2015 in theaters )movie to be on Starz is Star Wars 7, after that no more new Disney Films.

3-Keep the same Status as now, but I doubt it, Starz will just be relying on just newer Sony movies and their TV Series.

Merger makes the most sense, Starz needs the newer Paramount Films to make up for the loss of Disney, Lionsgate Films are just not enough, but how much money does each channel make, if they merged how many subs would the new channel have, it properly would be less then the two channels separately, also Epix has all those deals with Hulu and Amazon.

we are not eve sure there is a merger in the works. One of the owners of Epix is buying Starz but combining the services is speculation on our part. Then we somehow branched out into the HBO/Starz comparison. it was just a comment on how topics evolve around here and threads sometimes totally abandon the original topic.

Oh I'm aware that was my original point. If anything Lionsgate will pull out of EPIX and take all their movies to Starz.

That's 774,000 viewers. A good start...

Not really. It only goes down from the premiere and this was around the number for Vinyl. Not to mention it's about to go head to head with Power. HBO can't have a year full of GOT like numbers but I bet they wished they had more numbers like True Detective got but without ruining the show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HBO, Starz and Cinemax have even started dumping weekly Saturday night new movie premiers in-lieu of airing new episodes of their respective shows they're running...I'm not terribly pleased, to say the least...at least Epix is still premiering new movies, just not quite weekly either, which is also a bit annoying.

Reactions: reddice
Not really. It only goes down from the premiere and this was around the number for Vinyl. Not to mention it's about to go head to head with Power. HBO can't have a year full of GOT like numbers but I bet they wished they had more numbers like True Detective got but without ruining the show.

They did ruin that show, not like HBO to do that but they did. Vinyl started out terrible,why I stuck with it I have no idea but somewhere in the third episode it started to get much better, by the end I thought it was good but by then the viewers were gone.

Reactions: KAB
They did ruin that show, not like HBO to do that but they did. Vinyl started out terrible,why I stuck with it I have no idea but somewhere in the third episode it started to get much better, by the end I thought it was good but by then the viewers were gone.
I agree 100%. I was starting to get hooked. The start time, early in the year was the problem, IMO.

Reactions: Tampa8
Epix has two original series starting this fall, Graves and Berlin Station. The former is a Lionsgate property, the other one is a Le Carre like CIA drama and is from Paramount, and looks quite interesting. So its not as if they intend to remain as just a movie stop.

Not sure if you were agreeing with me or not but just to be clear my post meant to have a show getting 1-3 million viewers but not force a production timeframe on it. TD should've been every 18 months or even every other year.

HBO, Starz and Cinemax have even started dumping weekly Saturday night new movie premiers in-lieu of airing new episodes of their respective shows they're running...I'm not terribly pleased, to say the least...at least Epix is still premiering new movies, just not quite weekly either, which is also a bit annoying.

Um what? HBO has new movies on Saturdays and originals on Sundays, Cinemax just shows whatever HBO showed months ago and originals on Fridays, and Starz is moving originals from Saturdays to Sundays so movies can move from Fridays to saturdays.

The Night Of proves this false. Dead of summer with nothing else on and got the same amount of viewers near about.

The "dead" of the summer has be proven to be fertile enough for MANY cable and network shows to start....ie, The Last Ship, Zoo, Wayward Pines, UnReal, Feed the Beast, Preacher, etc, etc. Vinyl started WAY TOO SOON after the holidays.

Um what? HBO has new movies on Saturdays and originals on Sundays, Cinemax just shows whatever HBO showed months ago and originals on Fridays, and Starz is moving originals from Saturdays to Sundays so movies can move from Fridays to saturdays.

Noticed that last night...I am corrected...

The "dead" of the summer has be proven to be fertile enough for MANY cable and network shows to start....ie, The Last Ship, Zoo, Wayward Pines, UnReal, Feed the Beast, Preacher, etc, etc. Vinyl started WAY TOO SOON after the holidays.

Which is why it proved the statement false. TNO started in an environment primed for higher viewership than the environment Vinyl had and still got the same amount of viewers...

Edit: Also Feed The Beast is doing horrible. AMC will likely renew it since they haven't cancelled a scripted show in forever, but I dropped it after 3-4 episodes.

The Night Of - 0.774 million viewers for its premiere.

Source: Deadline

Power: 2.26 million viewers (2nd season premiere that was on a Sat had 1.43 million viewers)

Also the fact HBO didn't issue a press release means the fast numbers they requested were horrible for Ballers and Vice Principals.

First episode of Vice Principals was bad, didn't seem like an HBO production.

Really bad, but I didn't like McBride's other show either. I was in for Goggins but of course it proved that he should've been cast as Preacher. Like literally switch those two castings around and both likely would be better shows for it.

I'm guessing around 650,000 for TNO, around 500,000 for Ballers, and 600,000 for VP that will quickly fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)