Epics/ stars merger?

With the OnDemand options does it really matter what night new movies premier on the movie channels? I know if I'm looking for a movie I just go to the new sections of the movie channels ondemand and select from there. It isn't very likely that I'm sitting down to watch a movie right when it is starting anyway.

Reactions: Troch77
That's a good point, Because even I usually record and watch it at a different time.
Usually anything I record past 3 PM doesn't get watched until 3AM , when I get home from work, or After 11AM when I wake up.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

With the OnDemand options does it really matter what night new movies premier on the movie channels? I know if I'm looking for a movie I just go to the new sections of the movie channels ondemand and select from there.

HBO Go on the Roku is better then On Demand, real 1080P and Dolby Digital Plus for sound.

Ballers: 1.59 million viewers
VP: 1.15 million viewers

TNO actually rose to 1.27 million viewers, Ballers and/or word of mouth propped it up.

Next week Survivor's Remorse season 3 premieres on Starz. This will be interesting as the show has had low ratings but has never had a leadin. The Power/SR pairing may raise SR from their 200,000-300,000 L+SD viewers. Even a 25% retention rate would be ~500k viewers but it'll likely be closer to 50-75%.

If this pairing works (Starz has never paired a drama with a comedy like HBO does) I could see them using Outlander and maybe even Black Sails to prop up their high quality but low rated comedies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HBO Go on the Roku is better then On Demand, real 1080P and Dolby Digital Plus for sound.
Yeah, I hear ya. I use the PS4 HBO Go app to watch Game of Thrones even though I have the native channel on the same TV. The better quality is well worth it. But that just proves my point more. Does it really matter when they start showing a movie since they are all available on demand (through their app or through the cable/satellite box)?

Ballers: 1.59 million viewers
VP: 1.15 million viewers

TNO actually rose to 1.27 million viewers, Ballers and/or word of mouth propped it up.

Next week Survivor's Remorse season 3 premieres on Starz. This will be interesting as the show has had low ratings but has never had a leadin. The Power/SR pairing may raise SR from their 200,000-300,000 L+SD viewers. Even a 25% retention rate would be ~500k viewers but it'll likely be closer to 50-75%.

If this pairing works (Starz has never paired a drama with a comedy like HBO does) I could see them using Outlander and maybe even Black Sails to prop up their high quality but low rated comedies.

Well that's more than double of your predicted numbers.

Not bad for two 30 minute shows, one of which is at 10:30 PM on a Sunday.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well that's more than double of your predicted numbers.

Not bad for two 30 minute shows, one of which is at 10:30 PM on a Sunday.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah I wasn't expecting Ballers to keep the same amount of viewers near about as when it was behind the much stronger True Detective. Also you can see that it gave TNO a bump (the Empire effect so to say)

Survivor's Remorse: .883 million viewers

Most ever for a Starz comedy, up 164% from second season debut, and up 335% from series premiere.

No other numbers but let's say Power got 2 million numbers even, that would be a 44% retention rate for a non new show that just moved behind a show it wasn't paired with before. Its going to be interesting to see if there is a sizable dent in the ratings for Ballers or not.

Power got 1.742 million so rented ion was actually 51%!

Ballers was at 1.278 million, TNO was at 1.204 million, and VP was at .794 million viewers.

VP is only 18 episodes long anyway. Ballers is good enough to get renewed, and TNO could be extended beyond a limited series and if HBO is smart not rush it to be a yearly cog in their schedule like TD.

Vice Principals was better this week.
Not sure about the ratings but it was funny this time.

Ballers I didn't watch yet.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
It was much better, so the jury is still out on it. For me Walter Goggins who was must see in the show Justified doesn't quite fit in this kind of show, at least not yet.

It was much better, so the jury is still out on it. For me Walter Goggins who was must see in the show Justified doesn't quite fit in this kind of show, at least not yet.
Agree, and it definitely could be better, but it's good enough for me to continue to watch it.
Would I subscribe to HBO to get it?
Maybe , BUT thats not why I have it.
I have it for its huge on demand library

Epix and Starz, I honestly wouldn't care if Dish dropped them tomorrow.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Whatever the case I agree, If DISH dropped Starz or Epic today I wouldn't miss them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)