Epix and New Channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:welcome to Satelliteguys Jason H!
Directv has already said they aren't adding Epix. That doesn't mean they never will, but don't expect it. Other channels may be added but there is no way of knowing until they are in testing and almost ready to launch.

Are they going to bring over any of the UVerseTV channels that DTV doesn't get? Would it be easy to just amend the channel contracts for that?

It's unfortunate that they won't add EPIX. I really like that channel. I also wish they would add NASA and Cspan's in HD. Good to see some good additions in FXM and the others that were uplinked in test mode over the weekend.

Reactions: edisonprime
It's unfortunate that they won't add EPIX. I really like that channel. I also wish they would add NASA and Cspan's in HD. Good to see some good additions in FXM and the others that were uplinked in test mode over the weekend.
Too bad I had to downgrade to Select to pay some bills for the time being. I'd love to watch those when they go live, especially FXM.

Does dtv plan on adding epix and any new channels coming to dtv in September.
Why does "D" continue to reject adding EPIX? It should be relatively inexpensive and has been around for a long time. Is it a band width issue? Maybe EPIX is secretly affiliated with the PAC-12 Nerwork.

Why does "D" continue to reject adding EPIX? It should be relatively inexpensive and has been around for a long time. Is it a band width issue? Maybe EPIX is secretly affiliated with the PAC-12 Nerwork.
I would guess that it would be more like a contract issue, maybe they want special placement or more money .... just speculating here.

Btw, who OWNs Epix ?
If it has anything to do with that company that won't let them do Philly sports, you have your answer ...

edit, looks like MGM owns them.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Andrew Sullivan!

It's most likely a contract/money issue.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Andrew Sullivan!

It's most likely a contract/money issue.
Thanks. Actually I've been around here for at least 10 years but sometning happened with my email address so I had to rejoin. It's been awhile since I switched from Dish to "D", but I Did have EPIX for many years. I beleive there was more than one EPIX channel and the package included MGM and SONY movie channels plus a few more channels. Pretty much all older movie oriented. That entire EPIX package retailed for $10 mo but was routinelly offered for $5 mo. Most considered it a good bang for the buck. I remember once they showed every single James Bond movie in order over a weekend. Considering the EPIX package price offered by Dish to it's customers I doubt that cost is a determining factor for "D" passing on EPIX. I would fork over 5 bucks if "D" would make the offer. Would you?

Thanks. Actually I've been around here for at least 10 years but sometning happened with my email address so I had to rejoin. It's been awhile since I switched from Dish to "D", but I Did have EPIX for many years. I beleive there was more than one EPIX channel and the package included MGM and SONY movie channels plus a few more channels. Pretty much all older movie oriented. That entire EPIX package retailed for $10 mo but was routinelly offered for $5 mo. Most considered it a good bang for the buck. I remember once they showed every single James Bond movie in order over a weekend. Considering the EPIX package price offered by Dish to it's customers I doubt that cost is a determining factor for "D" passing on EPIX. I would fork over 5 bucks if "D" would make the offer. Would you?
Your missing the point ...
Just because DISH offered it to people for $10 and then $5, has nothing to do with what D* may have to pay for it to get it.

Your missing the point ...
Just because DISH offered it to people for $10 and then $5, has nothing to do with what D* may have to pay for it to get it.
I don't think I'm missing any point. What Dish pays for anything, Epix or the PAC 12, makes a big difference to anybody here that wants Epix or the PAC 12. Nobody knows for sure but logic would suggest that "D" is not going to be charged anymore than any other provider. Only "D" can answer that question and I for one would like to know that answer. Do I have the right to know? No I do not. But I still want to know.

I don't think I'm missing any point. What Dish pays for anything, Epix or the PAC 12, makes a big difference to anybody here that wants Epix or the PAC 12. Nobody knows for sure but logic would suggest that "D" is not going to be charged anymore than any other provider. Only "D" can answer that question and I for one would like to know that answer. Do I have the right to know? No I do not. But I still want to know.
Thats where your mistaken ...
Dish could be offered one thing and Comcast another and D* another, just because one distributer gets it for one price doesn't mean another will.

Why do you think D* doesn't have Philly Sports ?
Because they are asking WAY more from D* than any one else.

Too bad I had to downgrade to Select to pay some bills for the time being. I'd love to watch those when they go live, especially FXM.
How do you know they won't be included in Select? Lately, Directv has been adding more and more channels as $0.00 line-items for subscribers with the Select package, so maybe FXM will be one of them.

Thats where your mistaken ...
Dish could be offered one thing and Comcast another and D* another, just because one distributer gets it for one price doesn't mean another will.

Why do you think D* doesn't have Philly Sports ?
Because they are asking WAY more from D* than any one else.
I have no idea why Philly Sports would cost DirecTV more than anybody else. I mentioned logic earlier so I will again fall on that sword. It makes absolutely no logical marketing sense to charge more to the number one satellite company than to the number two satellite company. The same holds for the Pac-12 and any Epix package. Why would they think that the profit is acceptable from Dish but not acceptable DirecTV, which brings more viewers to the table. I would think that the advertisers on that network would find that practice quite unacceptable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)