Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So when do you think we will see EPIX HD added along with other networks such as PAC12HD and channels carried in SD only. You would think with all of that capacity up there, they would be launching additional HD like crazy. Especially the stuff in SD that has an HD counterpart.

A few surprises that I am dumbfounded on why DirecTV doesn't carry the HD counterpart are some channels like NASA HD and the CSPANS's in HD 1-3.

Any speculation?

It has to do with contracts. Now that they have the capacity, they need the contracts to include the HD feed of channels. They want to combine the two platforms, but we don't know what will be there when the combining happens. The Pac12 fiasco last year shows how unnecessarily complicated all of this is.

It has to do with contracts. Now that they have the capacity, they need the contracts to include the HD feed of channels. They want to combine the two platforms, but we don't know what will be there when the combining happens. The Pac12 fiasco last year shows how unnecessarily complicated all of this is.
the same thing happens on dish also on directv when contracts are signed and agreements are reached the chances are you will see the channels added in hd we are still wating on the rest of the viacom channels to be added in hd part of the viacom agreement last month with dish.

Yea kind of funny that the last Viacom contract included EPIX but DirecTV refused to carry it saying they didnt want another movie channel. It's sad because EPIX is just as popular as the other ones.

the same thing happens on dish also on directv when contracts are signed and agreements are reached the chances are you will see the channels added in hd we are still wating on the rest of the viacom channels to be added in hd part of the viacom agreement last month with dish.
Yea but dish doesn't have the capacity like DirecTV does.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I think Trouch is trying to say that they can space content out over the transponders. Also, unused transponders do reduce the power usage of the bird, but I dont think it actually extends the life of the bird out as they are still using the same fuel usage for station keeping.

I think Trouch is trying to say that they can space content out over the transponders. Also, unused transponders do reduce the power usage of the bird, but I dont think it actually extends the life of the bird out as they are still using the same fuel usage for station keeping.
Exactly.
Better HD PQ, More Stable delivery, Better Backup reliability.

The difference between Dish and Directv is basically a wash.
Dish has some things Directv doesn't and Vise versa.
Directv has a ton of HD sports in HD with their seasonal sports packs.
Way more Than dish.
And they still have a ton of capacity left over.

Dish HD PQ fluctuates and is never the same IMO.
Which tells me they are over compressed and crammed.
I've never experienced that with any other provider before.
Some days their HD PQ looks good, and some days It looks like crap.

It looks the best after 3am when them so called full-time RSNS are shut down and the MLB EI is done for the night.
And now with having Directv at my restaurant, Dish is HO -Hum in PQ department.

If it wasn't for the Hoppers and my low price lock price, I would certainly consider them over Dish.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts