Epix - Yes or No?

I really like Epix, they always seem to have some pretty good new releases on every month. Just like every premium package the movies get repeated a lot so it gets old after a month.

Getting back to original post, YES...for two weeks, then you've seen it all. Got a free preview after I had dumped it six months before...nothing new that I could not get on Amazon Prime, for to me, the streaming is just a bonus for the two day shipping.

I like the Drive-In one, too! :) We used to have AT 250 and BB@Home for a long time but dropped some stuff, but the Drive-In channel is definitely unique.

EPIX is good and Drive-In would be better if in HD but still say yes for price compared to others!! imo :)

Last edited:
I find that when I do cruise through the movie channels I always end up stopping on an Epix channel because they seem to be showing more movies I gravitate toward

I find that when I do cruise through the movie channels I always end up stopping on an Epix channel because they seem to be showing more movies I gravitate toward

Well they certainly show them often enough to give you plenty of chances to catch them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks all, You guys convinced me, I might as well give it a try. I have not called DISH yet so I don't know if there is any fine print on the deal, the email did not imply any kind of time limit or commitment, it just referred to it as a limited time offer.

The only real "fine print" is that if it's half price, it will be so for 6 months. After 6 months, it's going to go to full price automatically unless you call and cancel it (or do so online at mydish.com). Also, if you add something, then choose to take it off before the first 30 days are up, you'll get hit with a $5 programming change fee. So, by all means, even if you tire of it, keep it more than a month so you don't have to pay $5 to drop it.

I would recommend getting BB@H for $5 rather than Epix by itself for $3.50. Even though BB@H doesn't have Epix Drive-in, all of those movies are available to watch on-demand through a HD DVR and online (or through the Epix app). A much better deal since you can get all of the programming available on Starz and Encore either on-demand or online.

Also, if you add something, then choose to take it off before the first 30 days are up, you'll get hit with a $5 programming change fee.
I assume the opposite is true too? If you drop something and then add it (or something else) within 30 days, you would also be charged the change fee?

It is like HBO without the Original Programming.

It has original documentaries, concerts and stand up comedy specials.

Most of the new content ends up on NetFlix and Amazon including the original content, after a time period, I think 90 days. It has lots of online apps, including one for the Roku and iDevice.

You would be getting more for your $$$ if you got the BB 1/2 price deal ($5) for 6 months...if you haven't had it recently, you should have NO trouble getting it. I'm actually on my 3rd consecutive round of BB 1/2 price, which I keep re-upping when it runs out. ;) My thoughts on Epix...while I find something on it every now & then, I would ONLY take it as part of all the other BB channels & 1/2 off - not too sure I would keep them for $10, though. I certainly would NEVER give $7 JUST for Epix; not worth it.

Absolutely!! Practically no money and you get allot of excellent programming.
Plus access to tons of Epix vod catalog.

Hurry up and get it!!!! It's a steal

I assume the opposite is true too? If you drop something and then add it (or something else) within 30 days, you would also be charged the change fee?

Nope, if you drop something (like a premium), you can re-add it without a penalty. It just really applies to adding, then dropping, premiums. Or changing base packages (up or down), then changing again inside of 30 days.

Note for clarification, for the protection plan (not mentioned here), if you add it, you get hit with this unless you keep it 120 days, and it's called an early termination fee, and is $25.

Clarification #2, if you add and delete an adult channel inside of 30 days, that programming change fee is $20

http://www.mydish.com/support/fees

The deal is for 6 months if anyone is interested. I asked if I could get Encore half price instead and the rep said yes it is on the list. :cool:

Epix is a decent deal at $3.50 but for me $3 for Encore will give more of a selection. Over the month preview of Epix it was incredibly repetitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts