Epson Powerlite HC8100/8500

One inexpensive screen (I have used) is a white board or a sheet of melamine, works pretty good... :)

thanks don. btw, i'm buying james' dell projector since he's got to upgrade. i know he built his own screen so i'm open for suggestions. should get the projector next week but finances will preclude any type of screen until, at least, late spetember. but i do have white, semi-gloss paint on my walls so it will work in a pinch!

One inexpensive screen (I have used) is a white board or a sheet of melamine, works pretty good... :)

I experimented there. I didn't like being limited to 4x8' I also saw a lot of hot spotting from the white board. I know you have experiemented with fabric covering to get rid of the hot spots, and I considered that as well.

I strongly considered the WilsonArt Designer White, but after reading all the threads over at AVS, decided it was going to cost me nearly as much as going with the EliteScreen to do it right. Especially true if I experimented with 3 or 4 different schemes before getting it right.

My walls are the typical '50s vintage texturing. Not extreme, but definitely bumpy.

thanks don. btw, i'm buying james' dell projector since he's got to upgrade. i know he built his own screen so i'm open for suggestions. should get the projector next week but finances will preclude any type of screen until, at least, late spetember. but i do have white, semi-gloss paint on my walls so it will work in a pinch!

I projected on the wall for several months now. I really have no complaints in that regard. I'm just trying to get something that looks like a real theater and that means a formal screen.

Note: Just like we needed to spin this off the Mitsu 3800 thread, we probably need to move over to a new screen technology thread. I will start one once i get my screen assembled.

So, how did projecting on the wall work out for you?

I projected on the wall for several months now. I really have no complaints in that regard. I'm just trying to get something that looks like a real theater and that means a formal screen.

Note: Just like we needed to spin this off the Mitsu 3800 thread, we probably need to move over to a new screen technology thread. I will start one once i get my screen assembled.

got the temp hook-up of projector friday afternoon and it doesn't look bad on the wall. but i got a 92 inch panoview on ebay that was sold by someone who does home theater installs and this was her home screen. seventy five dollars. bigger than what i need but it sounded like a decent deal. from what i can tell, it isn't a graywolf.

got the temp hook-up of projector friday afternoon and it doesn't look bad on the wall. but i got a 92 inch panoview on ebay that was sold by someone who does home theater installs and this was her home screen. seventy five dollars. bigger than what i need but it sounded like a decent deal. from what i can tell, it isn't a graywolf.

Sounds like you are in business. $75 is a great deal. We need to get going on a commercial screen thread.

i'll certainly be glad to provide feedback on the screen once it is hooked up.

i mentioned i bough stuart's dell 3300mp projector. not a bad picture, considering its being projected on my wall right now. need to move the projector back about 2 feet to a shelf on my wall. i got a 52 inch max image right now.

color saturation could be better but given this is a non hdmi, non 1080p unit, i won't complain. should look better once screen is up and projector is moved back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)