Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3500 3D LCD Projector Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
415epson.promo_.jpg

415epson.bac.jpg

PRICE $1,600

AT A GLANCE
Plus

Epson puts the “light” in PowerLite
Well suited for brighter environments
Adjustments galore
Includes two pair of 3D glasses
Minus
Dynamic range short of true black
Default color tracking errors

THE VERDICT
Powerful light output with quiet operation and excellent build quality partner with 3D at an attractive price.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/epson-powerlite-home-cinema-3500-3d-lcd-projector-review

I own the 8100, an earlier version of this projector. I have well over 6000 hours on the projector and replaced a bulb at 4200 hours.
The best features are the brightness, the mechanical lens shift capability and the wide range of throw distances. Color rendition is good. One problem to be careful of is alignment of the 3 LCD panels. I returned my first unit because of registration issues. It seems that if you get it right, though, it stays aligned. The price is definitely right as well.

My only question would be why buy a 1080p projector now with 4k units coming before year's end. I expect the next generation Epson will be out early next year for CEDIA or CES and will be priced in the $2k -$2.5 k range for 4k resolution.

$2.5k for a 4k projector by next year? No way IMO.
Still 4-5 years way in that price range.
Projector manufactures have slowed in the last year or so.
Epson came out with a two I believe. Sony released a bare boned 4K of previous year and JVC released nothing. Will be interesting this fall for sure.

One other thing. Found out today double tap on crown will send you back to previous app.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts