Equipment and Cable Card Questions

jcbhurst

Original poster
Aug 4, 2016
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer some help. A long time satellite subscriber with recent job related move that took me in Time Warner country. Satellite is not an option for me at the moment unfortunately.

My family has held rental property forever it seems and our last renters left behind all their time warner equipment after moving out about 8 months or so ago.

My questions are;

1. The last renters would have been charged for the equipment since it was unreturned, correct?

2. If they were charged for the equipment, is it considered “owned” and not time warner property?

3. If they are considered owned boxes, am I able to just lease the cable cards and save the equipment lease cost?

4. If I am able to just use cable cards, will I miss out on any services? Guide, on-demand, ppv, etc.

The boxes are an Arris dcx3600 and a Scientific Atlanta Explorer8300HD.

Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

You need to ask TWC how they are going to deal with it. Their word is the first, last and always word. You should NOT assume that whether or not someone paid non-return charges is the same as buying a box outright.

Unless I miss my guess, there is no way you can own a TWC box (just as you can't own a DIRECTV box unless you are an employee or in a special MDU situation -- or buy from someone who acquired one under those conditions).

you cannot own a TWC box. They will barely let you own a modem.

Their boxes stink any anyway. if you want to own your own equipment- get a tivo or setup a pc.

we are saving big $$$$ this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts