Equipment and Fees question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am not pointed at WA now, I am EA, but when I have pointed WA, I get in the 50-55 range on 129 best I can recall.

129 signal depends greatly on location. Generally, the further east you are, the lower the signal. Not as prominently, the further north you are, the lower the signal.

Reactions: ChadT41
And the EHD and recordings would only be available on the receiver they were recorded on originally. They would not be interchangeable.
Just for the OP's clarification: This is true for the 211K, but not for 722K EHD archived recordings IF the OP gets another ViP that is NOT a 211K.

FWIW, I don't think most people fully understand the differences and advantages/disadvantages of ViP vs. Hopper set-ups. I know quite a few who are dissatisfied because they were unaware of the limitations of a particular install they believed they wanted, especially with nominal cost differences ("I would have done that for a few buck extra had I known!"). This leads to people having a negative experience with Dish and bailing when the commitment ends. I hope the OP's neighbor knows what he is getting.

FWIW, I don't think most people fully understand the differences and advantages/disadvantages of ViP vs. Hopper set-ups. I know quite a few who are dissatisfied because they were unaware of the limitations of a particular install they believed they wanted, especially with nominal cost differences ("I would have done that for a few buck extra had I known!"). This leads to people having a negative experience with Dish and bailing when the commitment ends. I hope the OP's neighbor knows what he is getting.

True. Very important to know the advantages and disadvantages of both setups. We all know that they both have them. The Hopper system is not for everyone but it can be worth the extra cost if it fits your needs.

True. Very important to know the advantages and disadvantages of both setups. We all know that they both have them. The Hopper system is not for everyone but it can be worth the extra cost if it fits your needs.
Thanks to the info on this forum, I think the ViP set up would be what I'm looking for. My wife really doesn't care that the TV2 feed from the 722k is SD and I don't have a HD TV in our bedroom. I really don't want to share what I record in the living room with the receiver that would be in my teen-age son's room. He usually watches live TV instead of watching recorded shows from a DVR. So that's why I think a ViP set up is my best option. Trying not to over think this.:)

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)