Equipment need for a DIY directtv install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry! I'm just trying to learn more about the parts. Saying it won't work then saying get WB68 which is a 4x8 I am confused. I have searched the forums, and do not see much in regards to exactly what equipment I need in order to make it work in my home. It's not like I enjoy asking stupid questions only to get belittled on a satellite forum. I do appreciate the help you have given though. Hopefully someone else chimes in who has a little more time to explain things a little further.

Why do you expect people to help if you won't listen? You asked the same question three times!

The 6x8 is designed for the HD dish. The 2 extra ports are for an International Dish (95W)
The 4x8 is designed for SD only dish setups (the original 18" dish or the Phase III). It WILL NOT work on the HD dishes

The 6x8 will work with the HD signals...the 4x8 does not allow the HD signals to go through

Because the quote below confused me . I looked up the WB68 and it's a 4x8 obviously there is something special about it. I'll see what I can find :) Chip, I understand your frustration, I so the same thing on other forums different subject of course.

No, it will not.

In addition to a WB68 or WB616, you'll also need a B-Band Converter (BBC) for each and every HD tuner as Chip pointed out.

It would be helpful to know how many DVRs and receivers you plan on installing in these six rooms because if you go over 8 tuners, you'll be into some serious money in terms of receivers and switchgear.

Right, I understand that now. I'll use that strictly for travel. The dish I have more my home is v DirecTV Five LNB Satellite Dish HD SlimLine Ka/Ku

If you need more than 4 outputs then you need the 6x8

The 6x8 will work with the HD signals...the 4x8 does not allow the HD signals to go through

sysc, sorry for giving you a hard time. My apologies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)