Equipment question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tgw1031

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
About 4 years ago I bought a Samsung SIR-ts360 receiver to get DTV HD channels. I have called DTV about upgrading to the HD DVR along with three HD receivers (Still in sticker shock on the price of this). Will my samsung receiver work with the new 5LNB dish and the new HD channels DTV will be offering?

That is what I thought. I just got off the phone with the rep at DTV asking the same question and got the "yes it will work" response. It will save you $99 when I upgrade. My sticker shock comment was the price she quoted me to upgrade my home. I asked for 1 HD DVR and 3 regular HD receivers. She quoted me $600 plus $20 for shipping and handling. YIKES!!!

In reading various threads, I will be calling customer retention to see what they can do.

Great site!!

That is what I thought. I just got off the phone with the rep at DTV asking the same question and got the "yes it will work" response. It will save you $99 when I upgrade. My sticker shock comment was the price she quoted me to upgrade my home. I asked for 1 HD DVR and 3 regular HD receivers. She quoted me $600 plus $20 for shipping and handling. YIKES!!!

In reading various threads, I will be calling customer retention to see what they can do.

Great site!!
HR20 HD DVR $299 H20 HDTV receiver $99ea. standard lease upgrade fees. How much was that TS360 which is the equivalent of the H20? If you can afford 4HDTVs it shouldn't be so shocking.

Great site!!

That's the way to go, just be nice when talking to them, it helps. Also play the cable card, no upfront fees for their DVR's.

HR20 HD DVR $299 H20 HDTV receiver $99ea. standard lease upgrade fees. How much was that TS360 which is the equivalent of the H20? If you can afford 4HDTVs it shouldn't be so shocking.

Nice boba....this is why some people don't get involved in these kinds of forums. Commenting on someones financial statement is out of bounds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)