Equipment Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Does D* have a dual turner reciever similar to E* that you can hook up to two TV's? One box, two tv's. Or do you have to have one box per TV?

All dual tuner DVRs have multiple outputs that can be used for different TVs. However, unlike the Dish DVRs these outputs carry the same signal.

All dual tuner DVRs have multiple outputs that can be used for different TVs. However, unlike the Dish DVRs these outputs carry the same signal.

So that means you can't watch two different things on two different tv's at the same time with DTV's recievers?

I am surprised that DTV doesn't have one that does that as well.

Pesronally, I would not have had a use for the DISH set up in this day and age, because the second feed from the recvr was SD only.

They would have to make a new one that had a HD feed as the second feed then there would be some interest in it.

It only cost $ 5 p/m for a separate recvr in the other room, and you can have access to ANY channel you want in HD

Pesronally, I would not have had a use for the DISH set up in this day and age, because the second feed from the recvr was SD only.

They would have to make a new one that had a HD feed as the second feed then there would be some interest in it.

It only cost $ 5 p/m for a separate recvr in the other room, and you can have access to ANY channel you want in HD

I personally just like the ability to record AND watch from the same hard drive on different tv's. But yes, it will be nice when they make one with dual HD feeds instead of HD and SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)