Status
Please reply by conversation.

SirChaos

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Marysville, WA
Hey Everyone,
Well, I'm finally back home! I was a DTV customer about 5 years ago and since the HD offerings on Comcast was bad....I came home! :)

But here is my question...

I ordered my installation online and got the following....

3 HD Boxes
1 HD-DVR Box
1 Standard Box

One thing that puzzled me was that:

a.) The Standard Box (a D11-500) was a reconditioned box....not brand new.
b.) The advanced boxes were:
H20-100's (3 of them)
HR20-100 (HD-DVR)

Is this normal? Is this okay? I wish I got a HR20-700 so I could be a part of the CE program, but now I'm S.O.L.?

Thanks everyone,

Chase

I got an HR20-100S and am happy despite what I've read hear. So far I find it performs flawlessly. It is the newer box, has a bigger hard drive, and runs cooler. Maybe when it launched it had some glitches but I have seen none. My installer says all they are installing are brand new 100's.

Be sure to run the IAMANEDGECUTTER backdoor to make it backup a tad after a FF. Almost a TiVo.

I have it set for 1st Runs only and have it has yet to miss a program but its only been running a week.

Hey Everyone,
Well, I'm finally back home! I was a DTV customer about 5 years ago and since the HD offerings on Comcast was bad....I came home! :)

But here is my question...

I ordered my installation online and got the following....

3 HD Boxes
1 HD-DVR Box
1 Standard Box

One thing that puzzled me was that:

a.) The Standard Box (a D11-500) was a reconditioned box....not brand new.
b.) The advanced boxes were:
H20-100's (3 of them)
HR20-100 (HD-DVR)

Is this normal? Is this okay? I wish I got a HR20-700 so I could be a part of the CE program, but now I'm S.O.L.?

Thanks everyone,

Chase
Those boxes are all leased from D* so they don't care about the word "NEW" they own them and are responsible for them working. It is just like a cable company they don't provide new boxes either they just give you "working" boxes so you can watch the programming they provide. Over the next 2 years as business slows less and less D* and DISH receivers will be new as the business matures and slows down. The only reason for new boxes will be if technology changes(we just started MPEG4) or receivers die.

Status
Please reply by conversation.