Equipment Rack and Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, the ladies would probably want to put pink curtains on it.
...and form a committee to think about it for 6 weeks to get that far.

We men are happy with gray paint on steel.
Functionality above all!

...and in truth, all the decorations (receivers, recorders, et al) draw the eye.

"You're not the first, and you can be replaced, too!"
I like that! Your buddy and I think a lot alike. HeHe

The aesthetics never even crossed my mind. To me it is functional which makes it a thing of beauty. Yes some might not want it in their living room, but how many people have more than a TV, Sound system, satellite receiver/cable box, and a DVD in their entertainment center?

If they had more than that, they would be looking for something besides furniture to put it all in. :)

It could be dressed up a little, but then the heat problem raises it ugly head.

As you said and Al agreed, gray paint on steel, a sight to behold. :cool:

SWEET...

I'd look into a video processor / scaler for switching different types of video inputs..

I have a Centerstage CS-2 video processor but, it's not hooked up yet.. Hopefully, I'll be able to try it out tomorrow..

It has these inputs..

2 component
2 composite
1 DVI
1 progressive component
2 s-video
1 VGA

And these outputs.. DVI and VGA

But, no audio though.. I'll either Y the audio or I have a manual audio switch I can use..

The prices are pretty decent for used units..

Hey BK!

The video processor sounds good, but I am looking for one with a HDMI output.

I like the inputs on yours though, but I want sound in mine too. :)

Fred

I use a DVDO VP50, 4HDMI in and 1 out, I also use a Geffen HDMI splitter (1 to 4) to feed my displays. Most of everything is rack mounted.

Jim

I use a DVDO VP50, 4HDMI in and 1 out, I also use a Geffen HDMI splitter (1 to 4) to feed my displays. Most of everything is rack mounted.
Hey Jim,

My problem is that I don't have anything with HDMI output yet.

I have two HDMI inputs on the TV with nothing to hook into them.

I have three devices with component outputs, 4 devices with composite outputs, so I am looking for a device that will accept the a combo of component and composite inputs that will hopefully upscale and output HDMI video and sound. :)

Not asking for much am I ?

Fred

Hey Jim,

My problem is that I don't have anything with HDMI output yet.

I have two HDMI inputs on the TV with nothing to hook into them.

I have three devices with component outputs, 4 devices with composite outputs, so I am looking for a device that will accept the a combo of component and composite inputs that will hopefully upscale and output HDMI video and sound. :)

Not asking for much am I ?

Fred

The DVDO VP50 accepts, composite, component, VGA, S-video, HDMI, analog audio, toslink, coax digital and outputs either to HDMI or analog:

Anchor Bay » Products » DVDO Systems » DVDO iScan VP50

Sounds like what you want to me, but be ready to pay for it :) But you may have to lose a device or 2, depending...and you will be ready for the future when you purchase items with HDMI outputs....

Fred,
Different brands / models have all kinds of inputs / outputs scenarios, some with audio and some without..

I only have 3 maybe 4 units I'll be inputing into my Centerstage CS-2 so audio wasn't a big problem for me..
I bought the Centerstage CS-2 mostly because of the Time Base Corrector to accept VCR and other unstable video.. My father records off his DirecTV on tape and I have over 700 CED's (Selectavision Videodisc) from the 80's.. The Videodisc picture jumps around on LCD's..

EBay is a good starting point especially for used prices.. Than the AVS Forum has a great Video Processor section with tons of info..

Ok Jim, you can stop now. :eek:

I am just a poor country boy.

I'll have to settle for something in the 100-200 dollar bracket if I can find it.

Thanks Brent!

I'll spend some time on the avs forum and look around. You are probably right about ebay. :)

The two devices that I have on my two composite inputs are actually working pretty well. I did have the Pansat hooked up in one of the component inputs and it looked good, so I put in the Presidian DVD recorder with a component output and hooked the Pansat to the Presidian via composite input. I lost a little quality on the Pansat doing it that way.

The least expensive way for me to do this is to find a DVD upscaling recorder with a couple of component inputs, and maybe a couple of composite inputs and HDMI out.

That might solve my whole problem and stay within a "reasonable" budget. :D

Fred

Why don't you try an inexpensive A/V switch to get you by until you decide what you really wanna do.. Some are auto sensing, taboot..

I saw some on eBay today damn cheap, like under $20 shipped.. I think Radio Shack carries them..

This way you're not jumping into anything and can worry about it after the new year..

Hey Brent,

I am using an A/B switch to go between the analog and the Fortec right now.

I have everything hooked up and working, but all could be better and will be when I find what I want for the price I can afford.

I'm thinking now that probably a dvd upscaling recorder with the right inputs will be my best bet. That way I can output to one of the HDMI inputs on the TV and free up one of the component inputs with possibly one or more of the composite inputs too. :)'

Still looking around and researching.

How goes the search, Fred..

Have you found many processors with audio.. And you probably already know this but, just thought I'd mention it.. If find everything you want in a processor but, it's DVI output you can use a DVI to HDMI cable and run an audio cable..

How goes the search, Fred..

Have you found many processors with audio.. And you probably already know this but, just thought I'd mention it.. If find everything you want in a processor but, it's DVI output you can use a DVI to HDMI cable and run an audio cable..

Haven't had a lot of time to search lately, nor the money either right now just before Christmas. :)

Then other things come up to get my attention like SatelliteAV's Mercury II sale, so I might just wait and use everything like it is until some of that settles out after the first of the year.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)