Equipment Recommendation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Long time DISH customer. Have had the H3 ever since it came out paired with a WIFIJOEY and access point.

The problem is when watching the tv with the wifijoey it just gets wonky, for lack of a better word! Trying to delete a program after watching it can be an exercise in futility and more times than not causes the system to freeze up, sometimes requiring a reboot. Everything is very slow on it such as changing channels or looking in the DVR, etc.

When we first got the wifijoey our grandson was here quite often and we would put it in his room while visiting. Now he’s a grown young man and typically we rarely see him!

wondering if it’s time to upgrade equipment that may work better for us. Would it be better to have a wired Joey now since we never use it anywhere than in the mbr? Would a newer Joey solve the problem. Last but not least, would an equipment upgrade cancel my current two yr agreement? Thanks for any suggestions.

Would it be better to have a wired Joey now since we never use it anywhere than in the mbr?
I had wired J3's in 2 bedrooms before my daughter quit watching Dish completely. These are very reliable. I highly recommend them.
Would a newer Joey solve the problem.
Doubtful, if you mean the J4 and wirelsss J4. We don't know when those will be released.
Last but not least, would an equipment upgrade cancel my current two yr agreement?
I don't think so.

Last but not least, would an equipment upgrade cancel my current two yr agreement?
No, but it might extend it to two years from the installation date of the new equipment. Be sure to ask the CSR about this and if the answer is no get it in writing so you are sure of where you stand.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had wired J3's in 2 bedrooms before my daughter quit watching Dish completely. These are very reliable. I highly recommend them.

Doubtful, if you mean the J4 and wirelsss J4. We don't know when those will be released.

I don't think so.
Thanks. I was able to set up an appointment for today to have a J3 installed. Hopefully this will solve the lag problem and wonky behavior.
No, but it might extend it to two years from the installation date of the new equipment. Be sure to ask the CSR about this and if the answer is no get it in writing so you are sure of where you stand.
Will find out today for sure I imagine. Was on the phone for over an hour yesterday and every time they went to check out I would find out my bill was going up something like $6-10. Three separate times she had to verify that my two year contract wouldn’t change but every time we went to check out it did in fact change. Finally she just wore me down and I waved a white flag. LOL. But, I’m fresh again today and will check the fine print before signing anything.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts