Equipment required for additional receiver

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
Third topic of the day, here goes. I have a Dish 500 system with a 522 receiver. It has two SW 21 swictes on it out of the dish. I would like to add a third receiver for another room, but am not sure what equipment other than the additional receiver that I would need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could go with a Quad Lnb that can feed up to 4 tuners (2 for the 522 and one for the third receiver). Or you can get a DPP Twin, with the DPP Twin you can have a single run to the 522 using a separator and another run to the third receiver.

I would go with the DPP Twin.

Are you sure those switches are SW21s? Since you have a 522, most likely you have DP21s. Do you have a second dish?

RandallA said:
You could go with a Quad Lnb that can feed up to 4 tuners (2 for the 522 and one for the third receiver). Or you can get a DPP Twin, with the DPP Twin you can have a single run to the 522 using a separator and another run to the third receiver.

I would go with the DPP Twin.

Are you sure those switches are SW21s? Since you have a 522, most likely you have DP21s. Do you have a second dish?

Thanks for the info. I do not have a second dish, and just double checked the switches. They are SW21s. I'm fixing to look up that part on the DishStore. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)