Equipment Return Problem....

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
After my second VIP622 crashed and burned recently I decided to cancel my service.

My service with E* was officially started on 20 Oct 06. On 3 Oct 06 I purchased a VIP622 off of Ebay for $429. Had it for over 3 years with never a problem.

Got notification from them today that both of the 622's, the one they owned AND the one I owned were to be returned. I called them up and to make a long story short they said during that time there were a lot of people buying the upgraded models because E* couldn't get them out fast enough. They said it was still considered leased equipment and I had to return it.

I remember specifically calling about this receiver and inquiring based off of it's SN if it was legit and I would own it. They said yes it had no balance and if I wanted to purchase it to go ahead.

Based off of the rep I spoke with just a little while ago they are going by their decision it was in fact a leased receiver and I needed to return it.

Any suggestions? I've got the Paypal receipt showing where and to who I paid for it.

Thanks.

Could be but not the case here. The unit was brand new and I called E* to make sure everything was legit. Made sure to do that BEFORE I paid for it. Thanks.

This happened to me on a 508 receiver a couple of years ago they said it was leased since all my other ones were leased they wanted me to produce a reciept but after many calls and me asking them to produce any documents that it was leased they finally fixed it.

This happened to me on a 508 receiver a couple of years ago they said it was leased since all my other ones were leased they wanted me to produce a reciept but after many calls and me asking them to produce any documents that it was leased they finally fixed it.

Same case here. I told the CSR that amounted to guilty until proven innocent. Don't think he even comprehended what I was saying. After I told him I had the receipt is when he came back and said during Oct 06 they were all leased and none being sold outright!!!! I asked them to produce any document showing my signature on a lease for that receiver. He put me on hold and came back with the same story. I just hung up, was like talking to a wall. Can't wait to see the ceo email response.

Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with a 508.
Ask them for documents showing the leases and the date it was sent to you with proof of the serial number. Activation date doesn't count.

Just stand your ground and it will work out.

Same case here. I told the CSR that amounted to guilty until proven innocent. Don't think he even comprehended what I was saying. After I told him I had the receipt is when he came back and said during Oct 06 they were all leased and none being sold outright!!!! I asked them to produce any document showing my signature on a lease for that receiver. He put me on hold and came back with the same story. I just hung up, was like talking to a wall. Can't wait to see the ceo email response.

It is getting very difficult to get a CSR with clue at Dish, even at the tech support level. Bottom line is the one you talked to is 100% wrong. Anyhow , like Claude said, it was marked wrong from the git go. Had it been marked as owned, Dish would definitly NOT want it back.

My owned 622 has been replaced twice. The first time it cost me $50. The second time the rep signed me up for DHP and replaced it for free. I cancelled the DHP right away so I only paid whatever that fee was for 1 month.

Your not on FIOS yet, Bob? :)

To OP, email CEO. That receiver is yours.

No for the moment sticking with E:( Downgraded service and got a 16 buck a month off , with NO commitment.........

Look I am still unhappy as I told E rep. But everytime I visit a FIOS kiosk or phone call I get quoted a DIFFERENT monthly price, and on friday got a notice my fios internet is going up 10 bucks a month, which ticked me off:(

Currently my garage, where any new cables must pass thru is jam packed solid with work stuff:( and I need some nice weather to reposition stuff, including a LOT going to my shed.

The 20 inches of snow is not conducive to making this any easier.

So I dropped one 625, dropped AEP for top 250, and will unplug all my phones liners just because. Actually dropping all home phone service.

Come spring I will make my change, whatever it is.

You must of missed this since I posted it earlier.

Same thing happened to me at directv took me about 1 and a half years fightin directv to sell the reciever on ebay for $125 dollars and I paid $399. it is getting to the point it is not worth paying for ur own receivers. either way they will turn around and say there leased and u still pay the same monthy fees as leased or owned.

Thanks for everyones help. Here's part of the email I received just a little while ago.

"I have reviewed your disconnected account and do not have any record of adding another 622 to your account by our technicians. Therefore, I have removed ................... from the account. You do not have to return it."

Evidently calmer heads prevailed. Again, thanks for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)