Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One suggestion to all who lost Univision . If you are lucky enough maybe you can get 30W Hispasat . Great Spanish programs on this bird. Actually my mom used to watch Univision, Telefutura and Telemundo she came and stayed with me for a couple of weeks and saw what I got on my setup from Hispasat and long story short I installed and fix dish for her and now she watches the programming from Hispasat and does not miss the others. I know for some people it might not be possible because of the arc. I live in Florida and I can get from 30 to 129 with my motorized set up. If anyone has questions or I can help let me know.

I agree on Hispasat. Lots of cool programs and I dont speak Spanish

nice having baseball games on a few channels :)

Hopefully with G10 channels gone most of you with pizza dishes will leave FTA, the less people there are to talk about free stuff the better the chances of that free stuff not going away.

huh?

The channels left because Equity went belly up and sold everything. It had nothing to do with people "talking about free stuff" so you're wrong on that

Equity was very aware that we were out there. I spoke to Neal a couple times (Gas, Garry Lee Robbins...same guy) ;) and he was fully aware of us. Heck there were posts where he helped us. Also he posted when new channels were coming. He even asked me how many of us he thoguht were out there. He even was going to do an "Unreliable Sources" show just for the free to air'ers :)

One suggestion to all who lost Univision . If you are lucky enough maybe you can get 30W Hispasat . Great Spanish programs on this bird. Actually my mom used to watch Univision, Telefutura and Telemundo she came and stayed with me for a couple of weeks and saw what I got on my setup from Hispasat and long story short I installed and fix dish for her and now she watches the programming from Hispasat and does not miss the others. I know for some people it might not be possible because of the arc. I live in Florida and I can get from 30 to 129 with my motorized set up. If anyone has questions or I can help let me know.

Hi wicht tp is strong to search for 30w any one from toronto ontario get this bird and dish size thanks

Yes a good mux to have in the channel lineup. I watched Push (Dakota Fanning) tonight, and it just came out Febuary this year.
A 1.2 m dish should be killer. There is a recent thread where someone in New Jersey? hit it with a linear LNB on a DBS (pizza pan) dish. Not recommended for reliable operation, but proof of concept, the signal isnt hard to get. The main thing is clear LOS , not something everyone has at that low of an angle.

thanks iceberg I`m going to try on the weekend i have 1.2 mtr dish see if any luck w/ this bird any from toronto is pointing this bird ????

I am in London, just 200km West of Toronto and I have great signal strength and quality on this bird on a 1 metre dish. I have even had decent quality on a 31 inch dish. A 1.2 metre dish will definitely give you rock solid signal quality. As long as you have clear line-of-sight to the east, you'll be fine.

thanks guys , saturday is the day to look for new bird Davage w/ is strong tp in london for 30w and how many channels u get . thanks

I am using an 80 cm dish from Mississauga for Hispasat 30W. Also the TVE/Spain mux at 12052V SR 27500 3/4 FEC is a strong TP. Both with Q at 91 on a CS 6000. If you like Track and Field , the Cuban sport channel Tele Rebelde has the World event from Berlin LIVE from 8 am to 4 pm, in Spanish of course. They also re-run a summarized version of the day's competitions every night. To my surprise they have even had the motor bike world championships races , not live, of course.

According to a couple channel charts I show

about 41 video & 51 audio channels

Now there are some other programming on there. Lots of the Arabic stuff that is on 97W too but from a Spanish standpoint

6 video 8 audio channels on the "Cuban mux"
5 video 14 audio from Spain
5 video 8 audio from Argentina

+ some more

here is a list...just scroll down to 30W on the list
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html

Yeah, that was my favorite NFL satellite because you could get 4 or 5 different FOX games on Sundays. Bye bye, 123W.

yep. just 8 free channels on there
-KTWO
-Daystar
-Peace TV
-Research
-UWTV
-VA channel (3rd channel in 11730 TP)
-the 2 California college stuff

123 was a favorite of mine for years, even with Equity's weather quirks I still enjoyed it. At least RTN is still with us in a much smaller format. I think if RTN was gone too it would make things even worse.

I think I will miss the MyTv Equity channels the most. I know you can still get MyTv, but only the network feeds.

I used to watch "The Legend of The Seeker" every Saturday night in two different time zones on the Equity channels.

It doesn't come on the network feeds, at least I haven't found it yet. :(

Oh well, maybe some day soon we'll get another MyTv Local channel with that show playing. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)