Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well after much checking :) I see that Equity moved 2 channels around

KFDF which was the unencrypted channel on 12114 moved to 11720 where KWFT was (the last channel in the Mux) and is still UPN as of tonight (they had Smackdown)

KPBI which was the encrypted chanenl on 12114 switched to the 2nd spot (where KFDF was)...at least I think it did. King of the Hill was on at 9 CDT and it matched up with titantv and now Frasier is on

KWFT was the WB100+ feed and is switching to RTN (as will be KFDF) so maybe they just simulcasted both.

edit: KWFT (now KBBL) is at the spot where KFDF was (not KPBI). So basically KWFT and KFDF switrched spots in the channel lists

edit: now I don't know what the hell to think. At the bottom of the hour they show a slate that say "My Network TV" and list no lie probably 15 TV stations (all the stations in Arkansas that are going to My) including both KBBL (KWFT) and KPBI..the guide matches KPBI so I'm calling it that :)

Last edited:
Isn't 11720 the hardest TP to get on G10R? If it is before 9:00pm here in NY, I get nothin' and after 9:00 (or so) the picture arrives but is pixelated quite a bit. Some of the other TPs on come in great (and the research channel and UWash channel are quite the guilty pleasure :) )

Sorry to ramble and hijack the thread in the same post, but if I remember right about 11720, others may run into the same problem and wonder why.

Later and Thanks!
Hantu

yes 11720 is the bugger of a TP to get due to interference from Dish121 next door. The bigger the dish the less interference you get

Also, I screwed up. KWFT (which is now KBBL) is at the new spot. So basically KFDF & KWFT switched transponders

I'm thinking true south satellite (west coast the True south is 121 or 123) :)

Thanks, Ice. I have a Fortec Star 90cm, but I do have a neighbor's treetop to contend with, too. Upstate NY has plenty of those! Much better in the winter when the leaves are gone, but most of G10 is reasonable year-round.

I'm across the lake from Upstate NY, (Southern Ontario) and get great reception form G10R with a 1m Winegard dish. (please note the Winegard 1m is effective aperture of 1m, it's actually a 1.14m x 1.05m dish) There was some times earlier in the year that I had troubles due to their power levels fluctuating and some issues when storms blow through, but currently get excellent reception. If you can move your dish to eliminate the problems from your neighbours tree, you should get a good signal. A low noise LNBF will also help out and peak your dish for maximum quality. Don't forget to also peak your LNBF..... both skew and focal point.

Just when I get my timers for recording working the way they should, they go and change the transponders. Next will be when WNGS finally does change their programming to match their guide.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
edit: now I don't know what the hell to think. At the bottom of the hour they show a slate that say "My Network TV" and list no lie probably 15 TV stations (all the stations in Arkansas that are going to My) including both KBBL (KWFT) and KPBI..the guide matches KPBI so I'm calling it that :)

Now you have me really confused! I watched at the top of the hour on the station where KFDF was/still is? and saw the slate of "My Network TV" listing, which went by in a flash. Anyhow, I did quickly notice that KFDF was on that list. So did it move, or is the guide on TitanTV wrong and Equity has changed the programming?

No. What happened is on 11720 TP the last channel was KWFT (now KBBL) and on 12114 there were two channels. KPBI was the scrambled one and KFDF was the 2nd channel.

KWFT is gone
KFDF is where KWFT was (11720 last channel in mux) and is still UPN
KPBI is now the unencrypted channel on the 12114 mux (the programming matches TitanTV for this)

Iceberg said:
No. What happened is on 11720 TP the last channel was KWFT (now KBBL) and on 12114 there were two channels. KPBI was the scrambled one and KFDF was the 2nd channel.

KWFT is gone
KFDF is where KWFT was (11720 last channel in mux) and is still UPN
KPBI is now the unencrypted channel on the 12114 mux (the programming matches TitanTV for this)

Just taped the My Network TV listings at the bottom of the hour on the channel on transponder 12114. Here are some of the list:
KFDF-CA Fort Smith
KWFT-LP Fort Smith
KBBL Eureka Springs
KBBL-CA Springdale
KPBI-CA Fort Smith

I also noticed that, unlike other channels that have switched to the My Network, there was no channel number included with the identifier on transponder 12114.

Larry,

Thanks for the Signal Report from S. Ontario!

I haven't been out to tweak the dish in a while. I was just outside standing under it and it looks like it could use a bath, too. I think that would be a good project for tomorrow morning before the groggy late-summer bees make their way out of the antenna mast.

I "eyeballed" my .03db Invacom a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't look like it has moved much, but it never hurts to get up on the step ladder for closer inspection.

BTW: Just checked 11720 and I am seeing 39-45% Qual on my Fortec Lifetime Ultra. Oh well.

Hantu

I don't have my dish setup for my FTA external box at the moment, just have it setup for my computer cards. Need another multiswitch. Their quality readings are almost useless from the computer cards. When I had my Digiwave 2700 setup, I was getting 99% quality on all the RTN stations on G10R, but its readings are always that for any strong signals. I did have about 30 recordings this week, and all are fine, no missed recording due to weather this week. Usuallt I have at least one missed (or broken up) recording due to weather.

iafirebuff said:
Just curious, would it be wise to re-scan for the new ids and channels?

doesnt help. Equity hasnt changed the titles on their end which is no biggie. KDEV-LP (7th channel in 11800 mux) said old name of KWBS for 6 months :)

I just renamed them via the channel editor :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

All AMERICAN made Winegard Antennas

mounting the dish today/ also need opinions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts