Ergen: “We really gave too good a deal"

I guess it is time to stop feeding the satellite pig. E* will definitely be going on a "diet" at my house.:(
I'm glad I decided to sit pat with Absolute. However, if they pull my programming or hike the price, I will drop to Family (I would go lower, but I think Essentials is gone). I realize they aren't threatened by my stance, but the reality is that I won't pay a dime more for my programming and will downgrade before paying more. Their costs may rise, but their revenue will drop. Not a big deal to me since there are very few channels I actually watch. I enjoy having the service, but could certainly live without it!

By the way I did the Calculator, and it doesn't say what your claim Peano.
Right side, is the new pricing, Left side is the old Pricing.
And it was right with my Bill.

AEP with HD and 2 or more 622s shows the fee. It is on my bill too. I would post it but I really don't give a crap anymore. I am starting to sound like Bob. I canceled Dish and greedy Charlie can try to convince the rest of you that you have "too good a deal".

Sheesh, you are WRONG!! I am paying $17 plus $5 because I never had a phoneline connected. If you had it connected before Feb. 1 you won't see the $5 charge. I also don't get the $5 credit for six months. If you bothered to read my post with the calculator and tried it you would see I am right.

So, Sit back Take 5 minutes of your Time and do a little more research.

I am also getting the $5 fee. I don't like that one bit... I only had one month with that fee on my bill and now it seems permanent. I get no credit.

I am also getting the $5 fee. I don't like that one bit... I only had one month with that fee on my bill and now it seems permanent. I get no credit.
I suggest anyone who is still paying the $5 phone connect fee, and is under the New Billing policy call Dish Network and get it straightend out.
Because your getting ripped off.
The Phone Connect Fee Does not exist after Febuary 1st 2010.

What a bucket of crap:bow:bow:bow

Well, Charlie can't have it both ways. If Dish charged more then it's likely their subscriber growth wouldn't have been as great; depending on how much more they might have even lost subscribers. Whether in that case profits and revenue would be higher or not depends on the characteristics of demand.

"Weren't aware of" is, of course, pure wishful thinking. I'm certain, at a minimum, that the new subscribers were aware, that's why they signed on. Older subscribers may also have decided that it would be cheaper to stay with Dish than switch.

AEP with HD and 2 or more 622s shows the fee. It is on my bill too. I would post it but I really don't give a crap anymore. I am starting to sound like Bob. I canceled Dish and greedy Charlie can try to convince the rest of you that you have "too good a deal".

Well, I hope that you do get a better deal wherever you end up. People should price shop around for cable/Sat TV. As for myself, Dish Network is better for me based on what my own needs are. Everyone's experience may vary.

If anyone in here is getting charged a TV2 phoneline fee you need to get it fixed. That pricing is not correct and Dish needs to change it for you. Peano, I do not disagree that you have that charge on your bill, but it is incorrect. I do not know why that pricing caculator thing has it showing on there (I did look and I saw the charge) but I would not put my trust in it. If you need help figuring out a bill I would go to a retailer and they can help you. I help customers with their bills all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)