Ergen: “We really gave too good a deal"

The only reason why Directv is $5 more is due to the fact that they just had a price increase in February and Dish Didn't on the main packages. If Dish Network had raised their main packages like Directv did the the difference would be even less than $5, perhaps as low as $2 price difference.

You do the math.
I posted in the war zone on this very thing. For my setup, with 2 hd-dvrs and the choice extra package, I am cheaper than what I could get a comparable setup with dish for.

Not trying to turn it into a D* vs E* thing here of course

What TV2 fee? If you are getting billed for that, you have something wrong. Your $17 is including TV2 in the price.

No, it is not wrong. You should know as a retailer.

Try this calculator with AEP, HD and two or more 622s and DO NOT check the phoneline connected box.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/calc.htm

The result is exactly as my bill appears. The CSR I cancelled with confirmed the charge and said there was no way to remove it.

Dish Network is cheap entertainment.

I pay $100 per month.

100/30 = $3.33 a day. Not bad for what you get.

Don't you worry. Charlie is going to do his best to make you feel different about your "too good of a deal." ;)

I have 2 DVR's a 722 and a 722K

My hardware charges are-

DVR Fee $6.00
Solo Receiver fee $7.00
Duo DVR fee $17.00

Total hardware costs- $30.00

My programming is AEP @ $99 and I have HD Platinum for $10

Total is $152 with the tax

I plan to roll back to AT250 and drop two movie packages later this month. I hope to save another $35.
What receiver do you have thats a Solo?
722 and 722 K are both Duo's, You must have a 3rd receiver, If not your getting charged for 3.:eek:

Actually it is $17 + $5 TV2 fee. I am not even including the $6 DVR fee.
NO its NOT!
You guys need to pay attention. the $17 includes the Phoneline fee
And your getting a $5 credit for $6 months, So right now your really only paying $12 for the Next $6 months.
Instead of Just looking at the $17 Charge, and assuming your Paying so much More then last month, Why don't all of you , Sit back Take 5 minutes of your Time and Go over your months charges From January,and Febuary and figure it out.
Jeesh!

LOOK Close, Maybe this could help.

Bill From January, BEFORE THE INCREASE. This is for a Vip 722 and a VIP 622.

Monthly Charges
Feb 04 - Mar 03
3 Premium Package 31.00
Superstation Package 5.99
Classic Gold 250 With DVR 67.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
DVR Receiver 12.00
HD & Platinum 10.00

$ 132.97

Last Months AFTER THE INCREASE.

Monthly Charges
Mar 04 - Apr 03
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00
Superstation Package 5.99
Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
3 Premium Package 31.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD & Platinum 10.00

$ 138.98
Receiver Credit 1 of 6 - Adjustment -5.00
$ 133.98

Okay, for a two-HDDVR account, $17+$6=$23 > $5+$5=$10. I thought it was obvious.

For me, I have four HDDVRs, should I do the math for you on that one?
What are you Trying to figure out?
The Fees on 4 Solo HD DVRs are as Follows:
$36 thats 4 VIP 612' with the DVR fee of $6 included.

• No. 1 Vip 612 Free
  • No. 2 Vip 612 $10
  • No. 3 Vip 612 $10
  • No. 4 Vip 612 $10
  • $6 DVR Fee for entire Account.
  • Total $36
Directv Fee's
  • DVR Fee $7 For Entire Account
  • No. 1 HR Free
  • No. 2 HR $5
  • No. 3 HR $5
  • No. 4 HR $5
  • Total $23 in Fees.

Last edited:
NO its NOT!
You guys need to pay attention. the $17 includes the Phoneline fee
And your getting a $5 credit for $6 months, So right now your really only paying $12 for the Next $6 months.
Instead of Just looking at the $17 Charge, and assuming your Paying so much More then last month, Why don't all of you , Sit back Take 5 minutes of your Time and Go over your months charges From January,and Febuary and figure it out.
Jeesh!

Sheesh, you are WRONG!! I am paying $17 plus $5 because I never had a phoneline connected. If you had it connected before Feb. 1 you won't see the $5 charge. I also don't get the $5 credit for six months. If you bothered to read my post with the calculator and tried it you would see I am right.

So, Sit back Take 5 minutes of your Time and do a little more research.

The TV2 fee ended on Feb. 1st.

Well, I'm totally confused about the TV2 $5 fee.

On January 18, 2010 I had a vip222 HD receiver installed by Dish tech guy. It replaced a 4900 legacy receiver which was connected to a phone line. The 222 receiver was connected when it was set up on 1/18. My Feb. 19th bill shows the tv2 $5 fee. Is this right? The fee calculator shows receiver connected before 2-1 has no tv2 fee. Can someone please 'splain why this fee is on my bill? Thanks :eek:

Sheesh, you are WRONG!! I am paying $17 plus $5 because I never had a phoneline connected. If you had it connected before Feb. 1 you won't see the $5 charge. I also don't get the $5 credit for six months. If you bothered to read my post with the calculator and tried it you would see I am right.

So, Sit back Take 5 minutes of your Time and do a little more research.
YOUR STILL WRONG.
Everyone is paying $17 with the Phone line fee included.
You must not have Dish network.
Try Going by your Bill, If you have one, Instead of that Calculator in the Pub area that not 100% accurite.

Again Everyone is Paying $17 for a DUO DVR
Customers who had a Phoneline connected before Febuary 1st, are Getting a $5 Credit for 6 months.
THAT MEANS $17-$5.

I posted my Bill Before,and after the increase.
read it.

EVERYONE is paying $17 for your 2nd and up Duo DVRs whether the phone line is connected or not.

If you had your phone line connected to your Duo receivers before Febuary 1st, 2010. You will Get a $5 Credit for 6 months.

Last edited:
By the way I did the Calculator, and it doesn't say what your claim Peano.
Right side, is the new pricing, Left side is the old Pricing.
And it was right with my Bill.

I posted my Bill Before,and after the increase.
read it.

EVERYONE is paying $17 for Duo DVRs whether the phone line is connected or not.

If you had your phone line connected to your Duo receivers before Febuary 1st, 2010. You will Get a $5 Credit for 6 months.

OK, forgive me for not understanding. My bill for Feb 19 is posted below. I see no $5 credit (except for club dish)
Phone line connected before Feb. 1st. The $10 loyalty credit is promo for HD programming. I see the $5 tv2 charge. I see no tv2 credit. Is the credit missing ? Should it be there?

3 Premium Package 31.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
TV2 Connection 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00

$ 128.98​
Other Charges and Credits​
Feb 11 Loyalty Offer 2 of 12 - Adjustment -10.00
Jan 02 ClubDISH Cr 2 of 10 - Adjustment -5.00
Feb 11 HBO/Showtime 3 of 3 - Adjustment -22.00​

OK, forgive me for not understanding. My bill for Feb 19 is posted below. I see no $5 credit (except for club dish)
Phone line connected before Feb. 1st. The $10 loyalty credit is promo for HD programming. I see the $5 tv2 charge. I see no tv2 credit. Is the credit missing ? Should it be there?

3 Premium Package 31.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
TV2 Connection 5.00
HD & Platinum 10.00

$ 128.98
Other Charges and Credits
Feb 11 Loyalty Offer 2 of 12 - Adjustment -10.00
Jan 02 ClubDISH Cr 2 of 10 - Adjustment -5.00
Feb 11 HBO/Showtime 3 of 3 - Adjustment -22.00

Call E* and Ask them why your being charged a Phone connect fee.

Whats your first receiver?
You should not be charged a Phone connect fee, That has been dropped!

Math works the way one wants it to work. This whole discussion is becoming the Malcontent's Ball. Put your corsages in the refrigerator when it's over.

Disagree. Even with two, still cheaper than Direct or anyone else. After the credits run out, my bill will be $6.00 more for 2 722s.
Not for everyone though (of course I have a grandfathered package)

DirecTV
Total Choice + (No longer exists) 61.49
DVR 7.00
HD 10.00
HD XTR 4.99
XTR Receiver 5.00

Total 88.48

Dishnet
AT 250 (I need this one to continue to get the channels I currently have with TC+) 62.99
DVR 6.00
HD 10.00
XTR HD DVR 10.00

Total 88.99

DirecTV is 51 cents cheaper than Dish for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)