Erie PA Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I was wondering if anyone was aware of the contract standing for NBC and CBS between Directv and the channels in the market. We receive FOX and ABC currently from Erie PA.

from mine understanding is Lilly Broadcasting Co blocking this and don't expect anything soon, which is too bad whats locals without NBC & CBS!

Any idea what the blocking is about? I live away from Erie but they're our closest local channels. I miss my news...

It's probably a $$$ thing. Couldn't DirecTV offer NBC and CBS from another market while negotiations are ongoing?

no. The only way they can offer a neighboring station is if there was no station in that market. If there is a retrans disagreement they cannot import the network from somewhere else

We currently have NY-City NBC and CBS, but it's just not the same as having the "locals" from Erie.

Our local cable company offers the ABC out of Buffalo along with the ABC out of Erie but no other neighboring channels.

Dish offers all of the locals from Erie...hopefully they'll get this solved and soon...

Yes, they were added in October before October, I lived in "Ludlow PA" which received the Buffalo locals. We moved back to our house because of "work" in October. Actually, we re-upped our contract for a HD DVR in our living room...

I added the "distant" networks after the Erie channels came on.

was Erie locals added recently? If so that might be why you still have NBC & CBS from NY

we don't have locals coming from NY anymore , we did had the NY-ABC,NY-FOX since May but is own fox and abc in HD but, Lilly Broadcasting Co blocking is CBS & NBC from D for some reason

If directv wouldn't have granted our distant request for the two. We would have been in the same boat. I'm going to assume this is a money dispute. Really end of the day, networks make their money on advertising and number of people watching their shows. I wonder if there is a contact email for someone at Lily Broadcasting that we could contacting. In the end the only people being punished are the viewers.

and i wonder if D know would happen if we they would still add our locals? i cant Imagine too many people paying for locals without CBS OR NBC

Sadly, I don't watch much on CBS or NBC. I just prefer the nightly news crew on the Erie NBC station...

I live in Corry and have DirecTv and have DNC channels ABC, CBS and FOX from NYC. I've requested from DTV and Lilly BC for NBC distant but Lilly says no. I can not get Erie NBC w/ antenna and preamp. So be that. When a couple weeks ago DTV added ABC and FOX from Erie and when I asked for them I was told if I got them I would loose my CBS from NY, tho' Erie CBS is not on DTV and it looks like not soon to be. Funny rules I think.

If you have distants and locals are added after, you can keep distants for a while
New subs can only get locals

If you want locals then in **MOST** cases you lose the distants.

They won't grant you your distant networks but won't come to terms so Directv can broadcast their channels, it all makes perfect sense to me. Have you ever chatted with Lilly and found out why they won't come to an agreement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.