Erin Andrews was "Peeped" at Hotel

I've been trying not to chime in.....BUT....

Some of these comments are absolutely disgusting. Talk about blaming the VICTIM. She should take precautions?!?! Are you kidding? Britney Spears should "take precautions" by wearing underwear when she's wearing a short skirt. Erin Andrews was naked in a hotel bathroom. Should she get out of the shower wearing a towel because its reasonable for her to assume she's being filmed through a keyhole? Give me a break.

We don't live in a perfect world. I wish we do, but we don't. Sorry to burst your perfect bubble.

We don't live in a perfect world. I wish we do, but we don't. Sorry to burst your perfect bubble.

We sure don't. And that is highly evident in this thread with all of the blaming of the victim that is going on.

We sure don't. And that is highly evident in this thread with all of the blaming of the victim that is going on.
I think very few are actually blaming her, or are meaning to anyway. I know I am not at all. I think it is disgusting what happend.
I think some are simply pointing out that it is more likely to happen because of who she is and how she looks.

Again, I do not think any here really believe SHE is at fault.

Repeatedly stating that she should have taken precautions implies that there is some culpability on her part. It's no different from the all too common line that the rape victim should have used more discretion and not worn the tight shirt to the frat house.

Repeatedly stating that she should have taken precautions implies that there is some culpability on her part. It's no different from the all too common line that the rape victim should have used more discretion and not worn the tight shirt to the frat house.
I made a statement with that phrase, and I know that was not my intention. I can not speak for anyone else.

Personally, I think she should be able to walk around nude 24/7 in the privacy of her home or a hotel room if she so chooses (are you listening april? this is a great idea.... :p )

I've been trying not to chime in.....BUT....

Some of these comments are absolutely disgusting. Talk about blaming the VICTIM. She should take precautions?!?! Are you kidding? Britney Spears should "take precautions" by wearing underwear when she's wearing a short skirt. Erin Andrews was naked in a hotel bathroom. Should she get out of the shower wearing a towel because its reasonable for her to assume she's being filmed through a keyhole? Give me a break.

It's not about blaming the victim. Look, I once left a BRAND NEW laptop in the back seat of my truck. The back windows were tinted AND there were newspapers on top of the laptop where you BARELY SAW IT. Guess what, they broke in and stole it. IS it my fault some scumbag crook had the audacity to break into MY truck and take MY laptop??!! HELL NO! BUT, I should have been a little more responsible in the fact that someone could have been watching me....scoping me out. IF I am not mistaken, most acts of crime are NOT random....I think I read about 70% are done by someone you know. I do not blame her for what she has done. But at the same token, you should ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.

...I don't know about you....but even at home, I still close my blinds...as well as my wife and children, when we change our clothes.

Salsa, I agree that we should always be aware of our surroundings, but most would assume that in a hotel room, there is not much to be concerned about.
I know I would, as would most here. Shut your blinds, sure, but this was through the peep hole. Hard to account for that.

I do not see what she could have done here, but I think she may take precautions in the future to prevent this. (this is basically what I meant when I made the statement earlier)

I think very few are actually blaming her, or are meaning to anyway. I know I am not at all. I think it is disgusting what happend.
I think some are simply pointing out that it is more likely to happen because of who she is and how she looks.

That is exactly what I was trying to convey.

Again, I do not think any here really believe SHE is at fault.

Could've fooled me considering some of the statements made... I hope you're right though.

I am not blaming her and I am sorry if it sounds that way.

I made a statement with that phrase, and I know that was not my intention. I can not speak for anyone else.

Personally, I think she should be able to walk around nude 24/7 in the privacy of her home or a hotel room if she so chooses (are you listening april? this is a great idea.... :p )

Don't hold your breath on that one babe! :p:D

It's not about blaming the victim. Look, I once left a BRAND NEW laptop in the back seat of my truck. The back windows were tinted AND there were newspapers on top of the laptop where you BARELY SAW IT. Guess what, they broke in and stole it. IS it my fault some scumbag crook had the audacity to break into MY truck and take MY laptop??!! HELL NO! BUT, I should have been a little more responsible in the fact that someone could have been watching me....scoping me out. IF I am not mistaken, most acts of crime are NOT random....I think I read about 70% are done by someone you know. I do not blame her for what she has done. But at the same token, you should ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.

...I don't know about you....but even at home, I still close my blinds...as well as my wife and children, when we change our clothes.

I can't believe you're comparing getting a laptop jacked from the backseat of your car to getting peeped in a bathroom.

What do you suggest for her to do in the future? Take a shower with a bathing suit on in case there's a tiny camera inside the shower?? Give me a break.

Salsa, I agree that we should always be aware of our surroundings, but most would assume that in a hotel room, there is not much to be concerned about.
I know I would, as would most here. Shut your blinds, sure, but this was through the peep hole. Hard to account for that.

I do not see what she could have done here, but I think she may take precautions in the future to prevent this. (this is basically what I meant when I made the statement earlier)

That is why I think she might have been walking around naked the night before....and some scumbag was watching. Then, hoping lighting strikes twice, he came by and put the camera in. That is why many cops tell people, ESPECIALLY WOMEN, when alone...check your surrounds and do not repeat your movements....because you never know.

There ARE plenty of honest, decent people....BUT we just gotta realize that we do not live in a honest, decent world. And the quicker we come to that realization, the less chances we have something bad happening to us.

That is why I think she might have been walking around naked the night before....and some scumbag was watching. Then, hoping lighting strikes twice, he came by and put the camera in. That is why many cops tell people, ESPECIALLY WOMEN, when alone...check your surrounds and do not repeat your movements....because you never know.

There ARE plenty of honest, decent people....BUT we just gotta realize that we do not live in a honest, decent world. And the quicker we come to that realization, the less chances we have something bad happening to us.

I agree with you.

Although, have you ever checked the peephole in any hotel you were staying at? I know I haven't. Thats just not something that most people would ever consider a need to do. (before this story came out anyway.)

I can't believe you're comparing getting a laptop jacked from the backseat of your car to getting peeped in a bathroom.

What do you suggest for her to do in the future? Take a shower with a bathing suit on in case there's a tiny camera inside the shower?? Give me a break.

The ONLY way I am comparing it is that SOMEONE was watching me. They were checking me and my movements out to see if I had something worth stealing....and I did.

....With her, maybe someone saw her walking around naked the night before. Saw she was a beautiful woman....and thought to themselves, maybe she will do it again. I mean HOW did he KNOW it was Erin Andrews UNLESS he was scoping her out.....??!!

Things like this are reported alot more often than you think. This time, it just happened to be a celebrity that was caught.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts