Erratic jump to Live TV with 622/722

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Is anyone seeing un-repeatable cases of your 622 or 722 jumping to Live TV on it's own, specifically after rewinding or pausing 'live tv' (usually for fairly short periods, i.e. 30 seconds, 1-2 minutes, etc) ? I don't think I've seen it happen when watching a pre-recorded show, in fact, I'm positive it doesn't. What typically happens is we're watching live tv and rewind to see something again. As we're watching it again, everyone goes okay for maybe a few minutes or longer, then all of a sudden it jumps ahead and the "LIVE TV" icon comes on-screen.

By un-repeatable, I mean that it doesn't happen every time you rewind or pause.

i had this happen to me with customer once 6 months back. everytime i press pause than press play even after 15 sec... it will go directly to live tV..... i told the customer i will have dish ship you a new reciever. but after 2 to 3 days later customer called me and said it solved the problem after overnight self test.

Yes, I think I've had that happen.

More often I have problems with the skip forward and back buttons not doing exactly the right thing when used in combination with pause and scan forward/back.

Often I'll scan forward and overshoot by a little bit so I'll immediately hit the skip back button one or more times. Sometimes the results are unpredictable and can result in going forward rather than back.

Also I've noticed sometime in the last couple of months a change such that the pause button doesn't work immediately. I have to let a program go for 2-3 seconds before the pause works. Its maddening because it may be in the middle of recording a show that I haven't watched yet (like Survivor) where a couple of seconds can give away a lot.

I thought many people reported the issue with the 622 several months ago, maybe around L358/L359 or something.

However, last week on my 622 while watching The Weather Channel live, I wanted to jump back a couple of seconds to see something that didn't quite register in my brain...

So I hit the Skip Back once, it started to play for about a second, and then jumped foward to Live TV.

Solution, if you just missed something, wait till later to jump back and re-watch it. :)

(Watch Dish add the above line to the CSR's cheat sheet. :D )

Yes, it's happened in the past too. I guess Dish hasn't figured out the problem and how to fix it yet though....

I have this problem on a regular basis. I would call it repeatable. I could pass my 942 for a couple of seconds, and then unpause it and it would play normally with the 2 or 3 second delay. However, the 622 will not do that.

For the local Cowboys games, the radio station's broadcast is delayed by 8-10 seconds so that with a DVR you can turn down the TV sound and listen to the local broadcast. That has been impossible with the 622; after pausing the feed for the about that amount of time, it will jump back to live TV when I take it off pause, or if I try to get it synced up exactly. It is very frustrating! My 942 allowed my to make sync up to the second, but the 622 seems flawed.

I wish I knew if this was a software issue, a hardware issue, or a malfunction of my unit.

I have this problem on a regular basis. I would call it repeatable. I could pass my 942 for a couple of seconds, and then unpause it and it would play normally with the 2 or 3 second delay. However, the 622 will not do that.

For the local Cowboys games, the radio station's broadcast is delayed by 8-10 seconds so that with a DVR you can turn down the TV sound and listen to the local broadcast. That has been impossible with the 622; after pausing the feed for the about that amount of time, it will jump back to live TV when I take it off pause, or if I try to get it synced up exactly. It is very frustrating! My 942 allowed my to make sync up to the second, but the 622 seems flawed.

I wish I knew if this was a software issue, a hardware issue, or a malfunction of my unit. :(

i have the 622 receiver here with the 448 software here and NO problems at all here just to me since i got the 448 things with the picture actually looks better.

I have only noticed it on HD OTA channels. I am in Albuquerque and have had this happen on Ch13 and Ch 5.

If this starts happening you just have to give up watching the show since it does it every couple of minutes. You can rewind it back but it will keep jumping back. Signal is 89% to 100%.

This started a couple of weeks ago and only has shown up about 4 or 5 times. I have been seeing the drop frame / stuttering that has been mentioned in another thread but it does not seem to be related to this problem.

The problem is not just after a couple of minutes. I would pause the channel and then come back to it so I can watch the program with our commercials and it would keep skipping to live. When I hit the record show from start to move it from the buffer to a recorded event it just started recording the live show and dumped the buffer altogether.

i am still trying to get my 622 to do this and i still cant get mine to do this. sounds like a very limited problem since not all receivers are not doing this.

it happens with my 722. i pause for 2-5 seconds and when i unpause, it will jump back to live tv. very annoying b/c i have to leave it paused for about 10 seconds so it wont do that.

i also noticed the other day while watching a show that had a signal failure in the middle of the show that after the the signal failure message, the skip forward/back buttons didn't work correctly. they both only skipped forward 30 seconds. i thought the DVR somehow got screwed up or something. but after stopping that show and starting another show, the problem went away. very wierd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts