ERROR 004

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Loxgator

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Palm Beach County, FL
Frequently when switching channels I receive this error message which informs me to select channel up or down or use the guide to change channels. It is very frustrating and also causes the dvr in my 722 to miss recording programs. This also happens with my 211 in the bedroom. I have a 2 dish system one pointed at 110/119 and the other at 61.5 anyone have any idea what might cause this.

I've experienced this quite a number of times, as well, but, for me, anyway, it happens only in the wee hours of the overnight/morning, like betwen 11PM-4AM Pacific DT. This leads me to think that Dish is fiddling around with things, as they usually mess with stuff during the wee hours. This problem has NEVER occurred during peak TV watching times, say between 5am and 11PM Pacific DT.

I had the error 004 for months on my 622 (again in the early morning hours)
now it has completely disappeared after the latest software upgrade to the 622.

I had the error 004 for months on my 622 (again in the early morning hours)
now it has completely disappeared after the latest software upgrade to the 622.

They said months ago there was some issue in the software that was causing the 004 error for some people but they never came out with a fix for it (until now, possibly--we'll see)

I still think Dish was fiddling around in the wee hours because on a few occasions when I was able to check, other boxes on my system had the same message on the same channels at the same time, and it has occurred on several of my boxes, always in the wee hours. It could be that "not subscribed" messages should not have appeared, but the "Lost Signal/Acquiring Signal message--which usually appears when Dish fiddles around in the wee hours--was supposed to appear, and that was the "software" issue.

I still think Dish was fiddling around in the wee hours because on a few occasions when I was able to check, other boxes on my system had the same message on the same channels at the same time, and it has occurred on several of my boxes, always in the wee hours. It could be that "not subscribed" messages should not have appeared, but the "Lost Signal/Acquiring Signal message--which usually appears when Dish fiddles around in the wee hours--was supposed to appear, and that was the "software" issue.

I wonder if that's why the "lost locks" counters seem to change illogically by day, though I never see any effect when I'm watching during the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)