Error 05

ampd

Feb 18, 2013
wv
Howdy everybody. I'm new in this forum, and I haven't had much time to research this problem. Wondering if anyone can help. I am getting an error 05 message on several recordings on my Hopper. It happened several times yesterday, and several times today.

No external devices connected
No power failures or signal loss
Hard drive only 19% full
Already unplugged for 10 seconds
Already pushed reset button
I have only one hopper no joeys
It happens sporadic ( some previous recordings... Some programs during recording )

Hate to lose any more programs. Thanks for any help.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

ampd

Feb 18, 2013
wv
Thanks for your input. I expected the hard drive was failing. I don't have an external hd to spare. We are watching as much as we can tonight. At the same time I'm getting ready to call dish and just pay the 100 dollars to upgrade to the HWS, instead of going through troubleshooting and having them send a new hopper.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dirtydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 5, 2004
Susanville,Ca.
I had an 05 yesterday on a program called History of the Eagles, first time this has happened, luckily I already ordered an HWS, will be here Weds..

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I've been having this happen for a while. I notice that it mostly happens to me when I have set a recording on (let say CBS), for 7:59 to 9:02, then I have another recording set on CBS 8:59 to 10:02. The second recording gets me that 05 error, and stops recording the program, but it shows that the program is being recorded. Also, a lot of times when this happens, it's like my Hopper locks up in a strange way. If I press the info button that brings up the name and other info on the program, it shows the program I was suppose to be recording, yet another program will be actually playing. This just happened Sunday night. I was recording Amazing Race, and The Good Wife. The Amazing Race had the last 2 monutes cut off, but then I the screen went blank. Everything showed that The Good Wife was being recorded, but when I went to my recording, I seen the red o5 error and the message it gives about the files are corrupted. Then I couldn't get it to start recording TGW again, because the Hopper said it was already being recorded. I couldn't even bring up TGW live. I finally had to do a reset of the Hopper. So we ended up missing the very end of Amazing Race, and about 8 minutes of the beggining of The Good Wife. I just don't understand why this happen. I had nothing else being recorded, so other tuners were available, so there shouldn't be a problem with the time overlap. Very frustrating!
Ghpr13:mad::(:confused:

sdfntx

Hook 'em, 'Horns!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
S. Texas
I've been experiencing this error, as well. It just started a couple of weeks ago, with several recordings on the same Wednesday night being the victims: The Americans on FX and Bomb Girls on REELZ. They showed as recorded, but I got a black screen when trying to view them, and the only way out of that screen was to reselect the DVR button and then choose something else to watch. Both timers were for 2 min. extended recording, but I don't remember now if they overlapped, and The Americans is done for the season, so I can't check for conflict.

The latest instance was last Sunday's Mad Men, which I didn't realize until I tried to watch it today. There is another timer that's set for extended recording at the same time, but they don't overlap, and there are enough timers available (even with PT enabled & recording). If Ghpr13's observation about extended timers is the clue, I'm thinking I'll let the timers run as scheduled, check them when completed, and be prepared to record at least one of them at a later time. Thanks, Ghpr13!

In the meantime, if it's still the consensus that the Hopper is on borrowed time, I guess I'll start shopping for another EHD, since the one I have is getting very full, and contact Dish about a replacement. What fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts