Error 36 - Slingbox adapter

slharder

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I've diligently searched forums and google for discussions related to Error 36 when connecting a PC to the Slingbox. I haven't found the "AhHa" posting.

Wondering if anyone has further info on fixing it.

My setup:
week old new customer install of Hopper - no Joeys - Slingbox adapter

Using Dishonline I can consistently connect using my PC (WinXP, FireFox or Chrome), my older laptop (WinXP Firefox, wified), my wife's Android Verizon DroidX.
I consistently get Error 36 on my wife's PC (WinXP, Firefox, IE, Chrome) - situated directly beside mine, both are hardwired to the network.

My working assumption is that my router and network are getting the job done - it seems that some configuration on wife's PC is causing Error 36.

My PC (no Error 36) has the heavier duty firewall in place - Comodo.

My next step will be installing Comodo on her PC - may be a firewall issue.

I'm brainstorming as I type this and it comes to mind that turning off her firewall temporarily is worth a try.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks for reading.

Well, after 89 views and no replies I'll bump this back to the top. I don't think I'm the only user dealing with Error 36 - and it appears no one has much of any fix for it. I've turned off and tweaked firewall, added exceptions to firewall, tried IE FireFox Chrome with new downloads of the slingbox app. Something in the config on that PC is choking the slingbox adapter connection.

Nope, Eset on both and it is very good at telling me when it blocks something. And Comodo and both, and it also is very communicative about what it is doing. And I've tried turning off both of those with no change.

As I said, googling shows lots of folks with this unsolved problem.

Error 36 - bumping this back to the top again.

Still looking for a solution ...

I've diligently searched forums and google for discussions related to Error 36 when connecting a PC to the Slingbox. I haven't found the "AhHa" posting.

Wondering if anyone has further info on fixing it.

My setup:
week old new customer install of Hopper - no Joeys - Slingbox adapter

Using Dishonline I can consistently connect using my PC (WinXP, FireFox or Chrome), my older laptop (WinXP Firefox, wified), my wife's Android Verizon DroidX.
I consistently get Error 36 on my wife's PC (WinXP, Firefox, IE, Chrome) - situated directly beside mine, both are hardwired to the network.

My working assumption is that my router and network are getting the job done - it seems that some configuration on wife's PC is causing Error 36.

My PC (no Error 36) has the heavier duty firewall in place - Comodo.

My next step will be installing Comodo on her PC - may be a firewall issue.

I'm brainstorming as I type this and it comes to mind that turning off her firewall temporarily is worth a try.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks for reading.

Good luck. I haven't ever seen Error 36. I connect to my sling adaptor with Android phone and various PCs.

Have you called Dish to see what Error 36 is?

I get this error all the time. I can barely EVER use the sling adapter with my hopper. It worked a little better on my 722k . I had a 1 in 3 chance of getting it to work on the 722k and a 0 chance on the hopper. I just about given up entirely . I tried different browsers, different anti-virus software. It just doesn't work on dishonline or dish remote access.

I'm seeing that error message right now on my pc with Eset av. I fire up a Mac and get the error that no tuner is available. In my case there is not a tuner available, I'll check later I'm not going to interrupt my wife's viewing.

I used the online chat tonight on dish online and the girl told me to clear my cookies for sling. I did this and I could see the live tv on the hopper. But it only worked after PTAT was through recording. Up till then I got the no tuner available and or Pip in use . I then could also sign in on dish remote access too. DRA works better for me than DISH online. But I hate that I have to clear my cookies for it to work each time, if that is the fix.

I know when i was at a tc for the hopper. we had to free up a tuner for the sling adapter to work for live tv. (turning of joeys.) but it would work for dvr recordings if all tuners were taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts