Error 775. What to try next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Duster23

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Michigan
Ok, here is my setup: H23/600 non DVR receiver hooked to a slimline with swm. This setup is at my cabin that I use for snowmobiling. At home I have a slimline with a non swm - I have switched the receiver back and forth in the past with no issues once I set it up in the main satellite setup menu. On to the issue:

came me up to the cabin 3 weeks ago and set up the receiver, used it for 4 days with no issues then went back to my main house, leaving the receiver at the cabin as I was going to be out of the country and wouldn't need it at home. I return from out of the country and immediately head to my cabin for a two week stay. The directv worked fine for the first 4 days, then upon turning it on on the 5th morning, I received the 775 error. I checked and the dish had not moved at all and the cabling was all tight. Just to be sure, I loosened and retightened all connections then reset the power inserter and the receiver in the proper order. I again received the 775 error. At this point I was convinced it was a cabling issue, so I bought all brand new cable from the dish to the inserter and from the inserter to the receiver. Reset everything again with the new cabling and once again received the 775 error. It had been extremely cold and snowy, so I brought the lnb inside and allowed it to warm up overnight. The next morning, I reinstall the lnb, hook the cable back up, reset the power inserter and the receiver and everything appeared to be solved. The reciever was loading and it appeared that the issue was resolved. As the receiver got to about 88%, things stopped and the 775 error code came up once again. I've tried several resets and have tried various other outlets and nothing seems to make the 775 error go away?

What would make it begin to boot up when the lnb was warm, then have it stop and read an error? Do I have a bad lnb? A bad receiver? A bad power inserter? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

775 is a communication error between the receiver and the lnb. I'd guess your power inserter is bad or the lnb is.

Ends up that I have a cold sensitive lnb. If the temperature drops below 10 degrees, then I begin to have intermittent service. Once the temp drops down to around 7 degrees, I lose service all together and receive either a 775 or a 771 error. As soon as the temp warms back up, everything works fine. It is annoying and quite a pain seeing as I live in the great white north.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)