error 775

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigkatt

Original poster
Feb 1, 2019
Greensboro NC
i live in a duplex........both units shared a directv slimline dish with sl354nr2-14 single wire swm lnb. the single wire from dish was connected to a directv 4 way splitter. From the splitter 2 wires was run into my neighbors unit(she had a genie system), and one wire was run directly into my unit(no pi) to a single hr24-100 receiver.

Everything worked perfectly, but last week my neighbor decided to go to cable instead of dish. The cable tech came out yesterday and while unhooking her directv system cables from the splitter, my signal went out.

So i thought i could just run the single wire from the lnb straight to my receiver with a 21v pi in between, but im getting the 775 error. Ive reset several times and checked all my connections.......what am I missing? ugh

Any suggestions much appreciated.

:welcome to Satelliteguys bigkatt!

Sounds like you are on the right trail, but are you sure the cable runs straight from the dish through the power inserter to your box? Did you rerun the setup through the menu?

im quite sure it does in order for it to have worked fine before they unhooked neighbors wires and yes i have reset several times...thx for the help btw

You need to make sure your unit's cable connects to the power passing (red) port on that four way splitter. Or better yet, use a coupler and remove that splitter altogether.

This is exactly why Directv policy is that installers not use a shared dish between units in a duplex....

You need to make sure your unit's cable connects to the power passing (red) port on that four way splitter. Or better yet, use a coupler and remove that splitter altogether.

This is exactly why Directv policy is that installers not use a shared dish between units in a duplex....
I didn't even consider the power passing port of the splitter since he said he ran a line straight from the dish to the pi, but you are right if he is using the splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)