Error Code:05, Error Code: 04, Pixel Issue

TRy doing a signal search with the Rabbitears search map:
RabbitEars.Info

This will give us an idea of potential problems.

You may be near the "digital cliff" with this channel.

Looks like I am near the "digital cliff" per this website. My CW channel IS listed as POOR and if the signal does drop at 9:00 for this channel, then it could then change to BAD. It doesn't explain why Dish shows the signal strength of 100% for CBS for those times I got the same error codes at 9:00.

Well, I would call DISH first or use the chat line and see what they have to say since you have paperwork that says it was from DISH. Maybe they will send you one. I have two of the latest OTA adapters, one is white from AirTV and the other is black from DISH. They both work good as far as I know. I hardly watch my spare Hopper 3, so I can loan you one of the adapters if you wish to see if it clears up your issues. Let me know.

Charlie, you are such a sweetie but I can't accept the offer of borrowing an adapter. I will pull my paperwork and see what Dish has to say. Thanks.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you are not using the DVD recorder while you want to record CW on your Hopper, bypass the splitter and connect the coax directly to the Hopper for those recordings.

If I had my DVD recorder connected I would connect it to the output from the Hopper and not use a splitter at all.

Splitters cut your signal strength by slightly more than 1/2.

Reactions: sam_gordon
Last night there was no issue recording Supergirl on my local CW channel. I waited 3 minutes into the program to see if it was recording on the DVR and the signal strength. To my pleasure it was recording and it recorded the entire hour with no error code. The signal strength was 88 and the earlier Batwoman recorded and that signal strength was 89.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)