ERROR code 120

horseshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I have gotten this error several times on my hopper but never on my HWS.
"Error code 120 "You can not receive this channel outside the designated viewing area" It appears inside a gray box with the rest of the screen showing a normal picture. So far it has only occurred on KDKA Channel 2, which is my local Pittsburgh CBS station. I'm only about 20 miles from Pittsburgh and have never had this problem before.
If I change channels the picture returns but at some point the gray box comes back. So far I haven't seen it on any other local channels.

Does anybody have any ideas why this would happen, and only to one receiver.

Go Pens!

• :)

I live in Westmoreland county and I got the same message on CH 4 after signal came back when the storm passed. I chalked it up to the fact that I had that channel on when I lost signal in combination with maybe a software glitch upon reacquiring signal.

There were some storms around when we were getting the message. I could understand loss of a signal message but the sound and picture around the message box was fine. This message makes little sense to me and it didn't affect my HWS that was on the same channel in a different room.

Go figure.

There were some storms around when we were getting the message. I could understand loss of a signal message but the sound and picture around the message box was fine. This message makes little sense to me and it didn't affect my HWS that was on the same channel in a different room.

Go figure.

Is this still happening? If so can you please send me a PM with your account information?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)