Error oo4

Gt1948

Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
Memphis tn
Received the error last two days. Tech just left and couldn't find problem. First VIP 922 he had seen.
He mentioned that the 922 was really hot. He disconnected cable and checked the sat antenna and cables. Appears to be ok. Reconnected antenna after about 10-15 mins. Receiver, was now cool.

Any thoughts?

Hey, Gt1948! In order to assist you with this, I need to ask you a couple of questions to better understand the situation. Is your receiver in a well-ventilated area? Do you hear a fan constantly running? If not, or if gets overheated again, it will need to be replaced. Let me know and I would be happy to help further!

I hear no Fan at all. Turned on TV this morning and had to reset it again to get it too work. No error msg this time. Called DishTV and they are sending out a company tech with a new Receiver.
Receiver sits in a opened cabinet, no door.

HIFI said:
I would say you have a 922 failing on you but not as miserably as the service you received. PM one of our DIRT team members here and they can get you fixed up.

Worked fine yesterday after a soft reset, now this morning nothing. I can watch recordings. Receiver can't link with Sats.
Test of check switch yields 38??? Which I'm told is not good.

Do you think this a receiver going bad?

Any good tv code list?

Browsing guide, machine locks, reboot, now ads?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)