Browsing guide, machine locks, reboot, now ads?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
So tonight I'm checking out the guide on my 622 to see what is setup tonight, and suddenly it becomes unresponsive. I have some timers going to fire in 8 minutes so I go and reboot the receiver.

Receiver comes back up after a long wait, and it's time for the timers to fire but nothing fires. after a few more minutes the receiver locks itself, and reboots by itself.

15 minutes later the receiver is finally back up, I see it starting to record the timers it is late for. After a bit I browse the guide again and BAM.. look at that, something changed and it's some stupid ads at the bottom of the screen. The guide text appears to be compressed a bit, and now there is a narrow strip at the bottom of my screen for the guide that is showing an add for their ppv movies.

is this new or was it just something I should have had but didn't for a while.

Sounds like your receiver is biting the dust but to disable that ad try MENU - 6 - 1 - 6 - Disable Banner in Guide

It must have went to factory defaults.To get rid of the ads...menu 6-1-6 tv enhancements disable in guide.

weird, thanks. forgot all about that setting. I hope the receiver isn't about to die it's only been running a week after replacing a replacement that arrived bad which was replacing a replacement that lasted just over a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)