ESPN 1080P???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
Whatever happened about the possiblity of espn going 1080P? I had read about this i think a couple years ago. Just wondering if anyone had any updated information about directv possibly adding this in the future or any other provider. Thanks.

Whatever happened about the possiblity of espn going 1080P? I had read about this i think a couple years ago. Just wondering if anyone had any updated information about directv possibly adding this in the future or any other provider. Thanks.

wasn't it 1080i not 1080p?

Glad that they are building for the future, but it doesn't sound like it is going to happen any time soon.

I'm no expert, but I would think because of the bandwidth problem, Fios systems would be the first to get this, followed by cable and then satellite.

how about fixing their pretty crappy 720p images first? ESPN is on the lower tier of HD PQ currently...

Yeah, ESPN's HD picture quality is dreadful. I remember TNT being bad last year while watching NBA games and the playoffs, it looks like they've improved it this year. ESPN needs to step up and do the same.

Status
Please reply by conversation.