ESPN 2 Move

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
From DISH...

As of February 25, ESPN2 will be available only on channel 143. We will maintain a slate on channel 144 informing viewers they can find ESPN2 on channel 143. The slate will stay on until March 11 when channel 144 will become an ESPN Alternate channel.

Are they adding an extra ESPN alternate channel to 144, or will 148 move down to 144. 5 ESPN Alternate channels on 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 seems like a lot. I can't recall a time where 145-148 were all maxed out. I know during the Women's NCAA tourney that they have used 3 channels, but I don't recall ever using 4 channels, let alone needing 5. I thought maybe they would put the Goal Line channel closer to the rest of the ESPN channels, just like Strike Zone and Red Zone are right next to MLB Network and NFL Network.

Are they adding an extra ESPN alternate channel to 144, or will 148 move down to 144. 5 ESPN Alternate channels on 144, 145, 146, 147, 148 seems like a lot. I can't recall a time where 145-148 were all maxed out. I know during the Women's NCAA tourney that they have used 3 channels, but I don't recall ever using 4 channels, let alone needing 5. I thought maybe they would put the Goal Line channel closer to the rest of the ESPN channels, just like Strike Zone and Red Zone are right next to MLB Network and NFL Network.
It'd be nice if it was a HD ALT channel.

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)