ESPN 3D Shutting Down at Years End

Trying to stay positive, I do think leaving this thread open is the right thing, just because Dish did not carry it really has no bearing on discussing the attributes or lack of them of the channel.

This isn't quite what I was hoping this thread to turn into. It was more so just to let Dish customers, who are 3D enthusiast, know that they will no longer be missing out on one of the 3D channels they hoped Dish would get.

Honestly though, due to the lack of 3D programming on Dish, how many can there really be??

We actually order a lot of 3d movies from DISH. Its nice to have that option there.

I am getting tired of buying discs that I only watch once.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

But, Dr. Pepper is the friendly pepper-upper.

You should have tried Dublin Dr. Pepper from the little bottling plant in Dublin, TX made with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup, the greatest!

Unfortunately when Dr. Pepper Co. was bought out, they terminated the agreement with Dublin Dr. Pepper to provide them with the Dr. Pepper syrup formulation and now they have to bottle other drinks.

Of course, everybody knows that RC Cola is the best. ;)

Right up until Dr. Pepper was formulated! ;)

You should have tried Dublin Dr. Pepper from the little bottling plant in Dublin, TX made with pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup, the greatest!

For a time a few years ago, I could find "Throwback" Dr. Pepper made with real sugar along my route to and in Richmond, VA when I'd go (could never get it here in CLT). I love me some regular Dr. Pepper, but thought the real sugar "throwback" was even better.

...and we now return you to your regularly scheduled 3DTV bashing session...already in progress...

Throwback Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Dr Pepper are still available around here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If we really want to be informative and not strictly positive or negative lets look at the reasons that folks do not like 3D.
The ones I can think of include, "it gives them a headache" and I know from what I've read this occurs with about 15% of people. I don't know if this is something that can be rectified by possibly comparing Passive vs Active. I'd like to hear from somebody that has tried both.
Another is " I hate wearing glasses". This holds little water with me because I've worn glasses since I was in the 5th grade and if a 10 year old kid can get used to wearing glasses anybody should be able to tolerate it for a couple of hours. I put 3D glasses over my regular glasses with no problem at all. Plus most of us wear sun glasses and nobody claims they hate sun glasses. I wouldn't even consider playing a round of golf or going to the lake without sunglasses.
"The cost of glasses" is another solid reason for not liking 3D. That's why I bought Passive 3D with glasses costing less than $10pr and the 3D quality is excellent (Sony 70R550A).
The cost of 3D movies (blu-ray) is way high but that's really not a reason to dislike the technology. Poor quality 3D movies in general is a royal pain and if that's all you've seen then I can understand the dislike, but not necessarily a reason to dislike 3D in general. Everybody that doesn't get a headache please watch Avatar, Life of Pi, or any other recommended 3D movie, then tell us why you didn't like it. Naturally a larger screen will enhance the experience.

How do you rate the 3D experience of Alice in Wonderland?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Everybody that doesn't get a headache please watch Avatar, Life of Pi, or any other recommended 3D movie, then tell us why you didn't like it. Naturally a larger screen will enhance the experience.
It's not the glasses (but they don't help).

3D rarely adds much if anything to the experience for me, and is often just a distraction. It almost always feels less realistic than 2D. Sure it adds depth, but usually an overstated, variable sense of depth that's more like being on drugs than real. Maybe that's why I always feel it works better in animation than live action. Whenever they go to 3D gimmicks it totally takes me out of the film.

If I'm with someone that wants 3D, I'll see the 3D version, otherwise usually 2D. Seen several films both ways theatrically, and have never seen anything to make me want to watch 3D over 2D.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts