ESPN 3D

HiDefRev

Loving my OLED and Atmos Systems
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
The State of Relativity
ESPN 3D on Directv has apparently switched from 720p 3D to 1080i 3D today, which now allows those of us with Onkyo ( or other brand ) receivers to finally be able to view their 3D channel without bypassing the receiver. I put my Onkyo back into the Directv loop this morning to check it out, and VOILA !, there was ESPN 3D in all of it's 3D glory ! However, the PPV 3D channel has NOT changed anything, and still sends the error message ( " Your TV is not capable of viewing 1080p/24 " - sheesh, of course it is !! ) when I try to view it through the Onkyo. No big deal, though, as I normally order my 3D movies through HULU ( via my PS3 ) for a dollar LESS than Directv charges. . :D

Thanks for the info. I'll try it on my JVC and see if it works later. I've been battling with them about this for at least 5 months.

S~

SportsNation

2 p.m. PST
Wednesday, January 11

Watch Emmy Award-winning SportsNation live as it becomes ESPN’s first studio program to be telecast in 3D! The show provides an off-beat look at sports, doesn’t take itself too seriously, and weaves pop culture into a fast-paced hour like no other.

CES Edition of Friday Night Fights

1:30 p.m. PST
Thursday, January 11

Let’s get ready to rumble! Join ESPN 3D for the best seat in the house during Top Rank boxing matches staged live on the show floor. This event will also be telecast live on ESPN 3D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)