ESPN and the SEC Network

This is not a "network" in the sense that Big 10 Network or The Mountain are networks, which is to say a channel that a cable of DBS company can carry. Its just the label of what SEC games will be syndicated as.

ESPN Regional Television is a syndication company, formerly known as Creative Sports Television, that syndicates college sports to local stations. It replaces JP Television as the syndicator of the SEC. SEC games will be labeled as being on the "SEC Network" as in "next week we will have Kentucky @ Mississippi, here on most of these SEC Network stations, check your local listings." ESPN has sundicated Big (L)East games as "Big (L)East Network" for several years.

The SEC decided last year to not start a dedicated SEC channel like the Big 10 and MWC did, after most cable companies in the southeast expressed luke warm desire to pay for such a thing.

As far as these games go, you are correct. They will be on the OTA channels only (from what I understand).

However, there will be a significant increase in SEC games in most sports carried by the two main ESPN channels and ESPNU, in addition to a slight increase in games carried on CBS.

Significant ?

ESPN already does the Saturday night game, usually a SEC game.
CBS always has a SEC game every Saturday afternoon.

Do we really need MORE SEC games outside of the SEC territory ?
Where will they put these addl. games, they still have the Big Ten contract for Saturday day games ?

Significant ?

ESPN already does the Saturday night game, usually a SEC game.
CBS always has a SEC game every Saturday afternoon.

Do we really need MORE SEC games outside of the SEC territory ?
Where will they put these addl. games, they still have the Big Ten contract for Saturday day games ?

Simple answer. Yes. :D

Simple answer. Yes. :D

YEP!

There will be more Thurday night games, a few ESPN games shown at the same time as the CBS game, ect. I am trying to find the link that showed more detail on what would be shown were.

This does not just cover football. Basketball will get just as big of a boost in coverage.

yeah, it's more of a laugh because UConn country is complaining about every home game being a noon kickoff so far (4 out of 6, the other 2 are TBA)

Me personally, I'm fine with it. It's funny to see the rest of the country going earlier.

And... I think it's > 1 game, it's essentially open to any of the non-picked-up games (CBS, ESPN*, etc)

yeah, it's more of a laugh because UConn country is complaining about every home game being a noon kickoff so far (4 out of 6, the other 2 are TBA)

Me personally, I'm fine with it. It's funny to see the rest of the country going earlier.

And... I think it's > 1 game, it's essentially open to any of the non-picked-up games (CBS, ESPN*, etc)

True, there could be more than one. I think they are trying to push MOST to a night game though.

In any case, I dont care when they play, as long as I can watch them. Saturdays in the fall are couch days! UNLESS I am at the game.:)

Don't think OTA is going to happen. The big red pin is my house. I do get ESPN360 with my DSL though.

ktbu.jpg

360 will save you here, assuming that it works like the Big East currently. You should be able to get a bunch of games there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)