ESPN Baseball Tickets

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
I was just checking on the ESPN.com Schedule page for the number of available tickets for the upcoming Red Sox games. I was curious because I think they are still on their sell-out streak, and I wanted to see if it was likely to end before they succeeded at reinvigorating their attendance. It shows fewer than 2,000 available for tomorrow's game, and that seemed like a manageable number to sell out on game day, but then I looked at the available seating for upcoming Miami Marlins games, and ESPN.com says there are only 187 tickets available for tomorrow's game and 329 for Thursday's, yet the attendance for a weekday game they played last week was only about 26,000, meaning that 20,000 tickets went unsold. Why is it that ESPN.com does not post bigger numbers for their available tickets to upcoming games? :confused:

Last edited:
It looks like ESPN is just using stub hub to sell tickets. They are just one of several ticket brokers. MLB also sells tickets directly and Ticketmaster sells tickets for some teams too. Stub hub probably only reserves a set amount of tickets that they think they can sell. Those numbers are most likely Stub Hub's available tickets not the total available tickets.