ESPN channels -- error 002

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I'm getting error 002 for all the ESPN channels. It says: "Error 002
The satellite signal has been lost, signal acquisition is in progress."
It did this once before (yesterday) and eventually the channels came back. But it's not going away and doesn't appear to be acquiring any signal.

Tried restarting couple of times. Other channels seem to be working fine. Any ideas? Anyone else seeing this problem?

It was. It t-stormed yesterday and the night before, but it's clear and sunny now and has been all day. It worked last night before I went to bed and that was after all of the storms and raining had passed.

I don't know if the t-storm un-aligned the dish or something. I tried everything the E* customer service guy suggested, restarting, etc. He said I needed to have a service guy come out.

Reboot and check switch. If that doesn't work, try clearing the switch matrix.

Unplug satellite feed from the receiver and run check switch.
Plug back in the sat. feed and run check switch again.

Strangely enough, after the first couple times I rebooted, nothing changed. But I did a hard reboot again just now after doing check switch tests, and now it seems to be working again.

Not sure if this will be an ongoing problem or if that's the end of it. Thanks for the help.

If I rolled-up on this, I would suspect the 119 LNB is going bad.

If this happens again, check to see what other channels have gone out.

If they are all off the 119 and the same type transponder (even or odd), then your LNB is getting ready to bite the dust.

rich88 said:
If I rolled-up on this, I would suspect the 119 LNB is going bad.

If this happens again, check to see what other channels have gone out.

If they are all off the 119 and the same type transponder (even or odd), then your LNB is getting ready to bite the dust.

The only other channel that was out along with the ESPN suite was DISW. Not DISE or any of the other Disney channels, just DISW. I couldn't find any other channels out although I did not search through all of the extra 8000-something channels, only locals up to 215 or so. Is DISW also off the 119?

Psychotrope, rich88 maybe correct. It sounds like the beginning of a LNB problem that will get worse later on. LNB's can overheat sometimes due to really hot weather or the LNB can't handle it anymore. A few months ago, I had an LNB problem with the 119 signal... Everything on 119 including ESPN was an 002 Error. The installer came and changed the LNB in no time.

Or, it can be the alignment because of the storm. Sometimes, the wind can force it to move. You never know.

Just in case, check all your channels on the 119 signal. Try all ESPN channels from channel 140-146. These are all on 119. See if these channels work good.

DISE and DISW are on the 119 also.

Last edited:
You were right. After a few days with no problems, I lost the ESPN channels again (along with DISW). Tried hard reboot couple of times. Probably will have to replace the LNB.

Is there a list somewhere of what channels are on what signal? I'm not sure what else is on 119, but I could only confirm that I'm getting the error for the espn channels and DISW. Even DISE seemed to be fine.

Also, according to my receiver, I am still getting a strong signal from 119. Does that narrow it down to the switch?

Hmmm. That's interesting. Then it really doesn't make sense that I'm only having problems with the ESPN suite and DISNW, while all of the other channels on that list are coming through fine. What does that mean?

My guess is that you're having problems with the even TPs. The Espn and Disney channels are on Tps 4, 12. Have you checked your signal levels for those TPs on 119? Menu, 6, 1, 1 and select 119 and TPs 4 and 12.

Losing the even TPs is usually cable, connectors or even the LNB like suggested before. Check the connectors make sure they are tight and clean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts