Power increase on 129' ??

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
During the last tech chat, Dish said they were going to increase the output power on the 129' satellite because of poor reception for customers in the Northwest. Some thought they were just going to increase the city's spotbeams but others said it would be the entire satellite's output.

In the sticky thread following the tech chat, someone posted that it should occur on a certain day. Give or take a few days, of course, but that's been a couple of weeks now, hasn't it ?? Have I missed anything ?? Did they in fact increase the power ??

my signal strength did increase from the low fifties and is now in the upper seventies. Hardly ever get any picture breakup any more!

I'll check mine here shortly..... I know last time I checked it varied drastically between different transponders.

It went up a bit in strength, and the weakest one, 3, is not used anymore.

3 is what gave me the most problems. Rush was unviewable most of the time.

karspur said:
my signal strength did increase from the low fifties and is now in the upper seventies. Hardly ever get any picture breakup any more!

well, lol, mine went from the low 50s to the upper 70s every 20 minutes, like most peoples did. Did you check it over a period of time?

mine has been in the 40s, today it was 50, a dish tech even came out today to try to increase the signal and that is the best he could do. It is so frustrating to lose the picture all the time. I hope they aren't done with the power strengthening.

Turns out I checked my signals too long ago, it seems. There's definitely been an increase. I get, at worst, 65 and 66 on (3) transponders. I get 87 and 88 on another (3). The rest are scattered in between.

Average is 76 on (24) active transponders.

i have checked it almost daily and it always is in the upper seventies on all of the transponders i have checked. it used to be in the fifties and not very stable. not only is it higher now, but seems to be much more stable! i'm lovin' it! it was around the middle of last month that i noticed the change.

I had a tech come out last Monday to re-peak the dish. Before I was only getting in the high 30s to the high 50s on most channels with a few in the low 50s. Pixelation was terrible and I just plain didn't get about 5-6 channels at all. Very frustrating! After he came out and re-pointed my signals all went up about 20 points or better all around. PQ was improved and I finally got to see the Food Network in HD! I hope it was the increase in power and not just the previous tech's methods.

hall said:
Turns out I checked my signals too long ago, it seems. There's definitely been an increase. I get, at worst, 65 and 66 on (3) transponders. I get 87 and 88 on another (3). The rest are scattered in between.

Average is 76 on (24) active transponders.
hall Where are you located? I'm still loosing my signal on the Echo Star 5 in the 129 orbit. I reside in the N.W. Oregon coast. If "E" cannot correct this problem at the end of my lease. I'll look for another provider. I've been a dish customer since 1998.
Floyd

hall said:
During the last tech chat, Dish said they were going to increase the output power on the 129' satellite because of poor reception for customers in the Northwest. Some thought they were just going to increase the city's spotbeams but others said it would be the entire satellite's output.

In the sticky thread following the tech chat, someone posted that it should occur on a certain day. Give or take a few days, of course, but that's been a couple of weeks now, hasn't it ?? Have I missed anything ?? Did they in fact increase the power ??

I'm in Los Angeles Market and still only get 49 - 55 strength from 129. I'm using a Dish 1000.

Signal on 129 no longer fades when clouds are in the sky for me. My D1000 is peaked on 129 so 110/119 are a little lower than they could be. Clouds/light rain would cause any channels on 129 to cut in/out before, so I'm guessing they did improve things slightly. Can't wait for the replacement sat for 129 though...

Wait, so let me understand this, if dish has the power to increase the signal strenth of 129 why in the hell don't they crank the sh*t out of it and put the power up to the strenth of 119 and 110 sats, just an idea, but from understanding is possible.

srs913 said:
Wait, so let me understand this, if dish has the power to increase the signal strenth of 129 why in the hell don't they crank the sh*t out of it and put the power up to the strenth of 119 and 110 sats, just an idea, but from understanding is possible.

It will burn up your LNBs and cause your house to go up in flames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts