ESPN Game Plan questions for Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dembinskij

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Grove, OK (Tulsa, OK DMA)
I am thinking about ordering game plan for the upcomming football season but have a couple of questions. Are the Game Plan games in HD? Also do blackout rules apply on the Game Plan games. Thanks for helping.

The game plan games are not in HD.I use to order ESPN gameplan but found out pretty quickly that it wasnt worth it to me.You can get all , or most of the games threw ESPN3 online.I have CHARTER HIGH SPEED INTERNET and used it last year to watch most all of the games.Second option you can get the multi sport package.I noticed a few of the ESPN gameplan games on some of the multisport RSNS.:)

Depending on your geographical location on the blackouts.I live in ALABAMA so all of the CRIMSON TIDE games were blacked out on multi sport.I had to buy the PPV for 30 bucks....

Oh if you are used to watching HD .The gameplan quality pure sucks.Its like watching the game in a severe rainstorm....:eek::eek::eek:

The game plan games are not in HD.I use to order ESPN gameplan but found out pretty quickly that it wasnt worth it to me.You can get all , or most of the games threw ESPN3 online.I have CHARTER HIGH SPEED INTERNET and used it last year to watch most all of the games.Second option you can get the multi sport package.I noticed a few of the ESPN gameplan games on some of the multisport RSNS.:)
That is the same for all providers, including DirecTV. GP games, outside of those shown on your local network and on the main ESPN, are not in HD. I have no idea what that is the case since they are shot in HD. For DirecTV they do have the bandwidth. They can use the same bandwidth they use for ST since GP is Saturday and ST is Sunday

Even ESPN3 gets blacked out, but you probably wouldn't want to watch the blacked out games anyway as they are SD only and you can watch them in HD on your local channel. I don't understand why ESPN and Dish/Direct/Cable can't show these games in HD they're taking up bandwidth somewhere on their networks already, it shouldn't be too much to show these in HD. But this kind of talk makes the RSN/MLB fans' heads explode. I've given up on hoping for HD. Another 5 years and it'll all be internet delivered .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts