ESPN Gameplan 2008

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
In 2007, I was with Charter Communications with tv and internet. I purchased ESPN Gameplan and boy was it all messed up. I live in Georgia, but I root for the University of Alabama. Their 1st game last season never did come on. Charter said they got the problem fixed the following week, but I was not happy and I cancelled the rest of the package, and Charter promptly refunded the full purchase price. I switched to DISH last December, and have been fairly happy so far. I upgraded to HD programming May of this year, and I really enjoy that.

My question is this, how dependable is DISH with the ESPN Gameplan package? Are there ever many problems with the broadcasts of the games? I bought the early bird special of $109 yesterday, and I hope everything goes smoothly once the season starts.

So, let me hears the pros and the cons of ESPN Gameplan. Thanks for your input.

No. No problems. DiSH takes the signal that they get from ESPN so sometime I will miss a few minutes of a game because another game is running long. Directv has this issue as well. Be advised that the PQ sucks for the games!!! Why the games are not in HD is shameful!

There are a few joined in progress games. Mostly for west coast schools.

Are individual games available for purchase on PPV sports?

My brother is coming here the end of August and wants to watch the Nebraska game, and it says on their web site that it is FSN PPV. Will I be able to order that on Dish Network here in Northern Iowa?

Sounds like Mediacom and Cox Cable are the only ones to pick it up right now, Talked to other Brother who works for CSG (Cable Service Group) out of Omaha, he said he is working on Dish Network as we speak to carry the signal for Dish customers.

Not all games are available for individual purchase but most are. To the OP I have never had a problem with Gameplan. I always get all of every game. I have a big tailgate party at TN with a couple of of TVs and we get all the games that are televised.