ESPN Gameplan and Ordering

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CltTiger

Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
As background: I am using an HR20. When ordering pay-per-view, I do this through the remote, not having a land-line hooked to the receiver. Of course DTV says you have to have a phone line hooked up, but that's not true, at least with the HR20, I can't speak for any other receiver. There is a limit to how many movies I can download this way, but I simply call DTV and they reset the HR20 through the satellite after roughly 4 movies... and I can do it all over again.

Question: It seems this should be exactly how this works for football games. I don't want to buy the entire ESPN Gameplan Package, just 1 game. Does anyone know if you can order a game the same way? Is there some kind of difference between ESPN Gameplan and a pay-per-view game? If there is, I can't tell the difference. It's just a channel with a game on it, as far as I can tell.

Nope, and they will stop allowing you to reset your card as well soon, and instead tell you that you will have to pay a fee to reset the card, or order the PPVs over the web as an alternative.

You are stealing programming essentially, good job.

If you till it up and then have to exchange the receiver, turn it in to D* or whatever, you will then be charged whatever is on it after the fact as well. If you do not return the card there is a large $100+ fee that will be charged.

There is no difference between a PPV and any other restricted channel, they are just an authorization to a channel over a certain time period. The type of programming may have different restrictions, also if you have a $$ amount that the card caps out on, not a specific number of orders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts