HD Locals for Buffalo...problem...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike4954

Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
I am currently trying to upgrade to a new dish from directv, and i get ALL of the HD locals through (14470) Buffalo except CBS HD for some reason.I have an OTA set up for the CBS feed from buffalo.
My question is when i go and get the new 5 lnb dish, will the terk 42 ota be compatible with the 5 lnb. Will the installer bring a new ota antenna here and install the extra cable for me to get the CBS HD feed for the Bills games in HD?

CBS WIVB 4 - is currently listed as "not carried" on they DirecTV site (not sure if that is still accurate, This could be likely due to an owner dispute over the retransmission agreement. OR it could just be an issue with the affiliate's ability to uplink to DirecTV. These are the best two possibilities, maybe a guru will chime in with a 110% sure answer. At least you would know its not YOU.

Lyngsat shows WIVB as being uplinked on DirecTV 7s @ 119.0° - so hmmm? It IS owned by LIN comm right? That could be the clue!

My question is when i go and get the new 5 lnb dish, will the terk 42 ota be compatible with the 5 lnb.
Not very. The Terk 42 doesn't fit on the Behemoth dishes and you cannot use the built-in diplexing feature. Whether it will pick up your digital channels is another issue entirely.

DIRECTV probably won't offer an OTA antenna nor installation to you since they carry most of your other stations. You won't know for sure without asking them. That being said, some have found success in offering the installation contractor some under-the-table compensation.

WIVB is owned by LIN, meaning it will likely be a long time before Directv carries it in hd. As far as the ota antenna, it may well attach to the new dish, although not as designed. You will need to have a separate cable for it, no diplexing with the cable for the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)