ESPN has no freinds in Montana

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems you have inferior ISPs who do not care about their customers and do not thus provide ESPN3.
there are lots of ISP's that dont carry ESPN3....so I guess they are all "inferior" too :rolleyes:

The whole issue is both FCS teams from Montana have ALL their games on TV normally
Montana has all games on either CBS (which in all markets but Glendive is owned by the same company) so its shown across the state. Non-conf games are on CW which is available in the state
Montana State is on ABC (which all markets are owned by same company) so its across the state. Some games are on Altitude

In previous years ESPN made the games available to local affiliates to show them. This year they are saying "screw you".

North Dakota State is in the same boat and their fans are pissed too. The local cable company doesnt carry ESPN3 either

there are lots of ISP's that dont carry ESPN3....so I guess they are all "inferior" too

If I want ESPN3, yes. Same as a FF restaurant is "inferior" if I want Heinz ketchup and they have Sysco ketchup, same as a supermarket is "inferior" if I want them to carry all of the Fanta flavors and they only offer the main Coca-Cola products, same as a car maker is "inferior" if I want a small car with electric seats, and they offer crank seats... I am the customer, and the customer is ALWAYS right. Fortunes have been, and will be, made on that simple premise.

This year they are saying "screw you".

No this year they are saying "this product is available for any enterprising businessman who would like to serve the customer better than the current providers are. If you care about your customer, here is an opertunity to differentiate yourself from the pack in a fairly generic industry. Let's profit together."

If I want ESPN3, yes. Same as a FF restaurant is "inferior" if I want Heinz ketchup and they have Sysco ketchup, same as a supermarket is "inferior" if I want them to carry all of the Fanta flavors and they only offer the main Coca-Cola products, same as a car maker is "inferior" if I want a small car with electric seats, and they offer crank seats... I am the customer, and the customer is ALWAYS right. Fortunes have been, and will be, made on that simple premise.

that argument holds no water. Every example you gave you have a CHOICE
If I go to McDonalds and they dont have Coke products and only Pepsi. I have choices. I can get water, milk. Or I could go to Burker King that does have Coke
If my grocery store doesnt have my favorite chip dip but the other store 5 miles down the road does I will drive there to get it
The car theory is simple...plenty of car dealerships out there....even in smaller towns

Now where I live I have two options for internet. Qwest (now Centurylink) or satellite internet. Cable doesnt come here (and I live in the suburbs) so unless I am going to pay the cable company a ton of money to have them run lines to the house I really have no choice but to keep the internet provider I have

that argument holds no water. Every example you gave you have a CHOICE

Now where I live I have two options for internet. Qwest (now Centurylink) or satellite internet. Cable doesnt come here (and I live in the suburbs) so unless I am going to pay the cable company a ton of money to have them run lines to the house I really have no choice but to keep the internet provider I have

And you know why you have a choice. Because while 99% b-ed and m-ed about the shortcomings of McDonald's, or of the local supermarket, or whatever, the 1% that are inovaters, the successful, life's winners, saw a way to better serve the customer and started Burger King, another supermarket, Pepsi, Toyota, and gave you that choice.

The Market. The only pefect thing on this planet.

And you know why you have a choice. Because while 99% b-ed and m-ed about the shortcomings of McDonald's, or of the local supermarket, or whatever, the 1% that are inovaters, the successful, life's winners, saw a way to better serve the customer and started Burger King, another supermarket, Pepsi, Toyota, and gave you that choice.

The Market. The only pefect thing on this planet.

An of course, YOU are a 1%'er????

once again your post holds no water
In most US towns that have cable, there is only one company that holds the franchise for that town...hence a MONOPOLY
If you are in an area that has Fios or U-Verse more power to ya. But here in Qwest (now Centurylink) land they bundle Directv.

The only areas around here in Minnesota that have more than one cable TV option are areas where the Telco (usually a small Telco) has a cable option now too...using a setup kinda like Fios and U-Verse (through the fibre). And in areas getting a 2nd cable franchise can be a bugger. I know Mankato (75 miles down the road) the Telco that has been there since Bell founded the phone ;) just got a cable franchise option there a couple years ago.

just checked a list and there are 14 markets (mainly 1 town but some have 2 towns) in MN that have a cable option and all are through a Telco and most are towns in the 15000 or less range

So unlike your examples where I can go buy a building and start a BK or Ford dealership in the town, cable franchises are harder to get ;)

It was a great day to be a Montana fan. DeJa Vu, Last time Montana St played UNH in the playoffs, 1976, they won by a blocked extra point 17~16 on their way to a championship. And the Griz, Impressive!! I hope these two teams win next week again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts