Espn-HD: College Football : Penn State at Wisconsin 6pm EST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Orlando Vol said:
Got this preliminary schedule off their website, had to reformat it, though... :)

Aug. 28 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME: 2004 BCA CLASSIC
7:45 pm to 10:45 PM
VIRGINIA TECH VS. USC :yes
FEDEX FIELD LANDOVER, MD USA

Sep. 02 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIMETIME PRESENTED BY COOPER TIRES
7:30 pm to 10:30 PM
ESPN'S THURS NIGHT COLLEGE FOOTBALL
TEXAS A&M VS. UTAH
RICE-ECCLES STADIUM SALT LAKE CITY, UT USA

Sep. 04 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY
12:00 pm to 3:00 PM
CENTRAL FLORIDA VS WISCONSIN :yes
MADISON, WI, USA

Sep. 04 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
6:00 pm to 9:00 PM
OREGON STATE VS LSU :yes
BATON ROUGE, LA, USA

Sep. 04 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
9:15 pm to 12:15 AM
NOTRE DAME VS BYU
PROVO, UT, USA

Sep. 11 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY
12:00 pm to 3:00 PM
UNLV VS WISCONSIN
MADISON, WI, USA

Sep. 11 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
5:30 pm to 8:30 PM
GEORGIA VS SOUTH CAROLINA :yes
COLUMBIA, SC, UNITED STATES

Sep. 11 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
8:45 pm to 11:45 PM
TEXAS VS ARKANSAS :yes
FAYETTEVILLE, AR, USA

Sep. 16 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIMETIME PRESENTED BY COOPER TIRES
CALIFORNIA VS. SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
M.M. ROBERTS STADIUM HATTIESBURG, MS USA

Sep. 18 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
7:00 pm to 10:00 PM
NOTRE DAME VS MICHIGAN STATE
EAST LANSING, MI, USA

Sep. 23 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIMETIME PRESENTED BY COOPER TIRES
MIAMI VS. HOUSTON
RELIANT STADIUM HOUSTON, TX USA

Sep. 25 ESPN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY PRIMETIME
5:45 pm to 8:45 PM
Teams TBA
I doubt these games are all in HD. 3 on the same day? from espn? nope dont see it happening. Are you sure those are not just a schedule of football games that they are showing on ESPN? and not necessarily presented in HD?

I think that list is off the ESPN-HD schedule.. go to ESPN.com and click towards the bottom left their ESPN-HD schedule list.

Dvlos said:
I think that list is off the ESPN-HD schedule.. go to ESPN.com and click towards the bottom left their ESPN-HD schedule list.
When I go to ESPNHD website there is a list of HD presentations originally produced in HD that list begins in October it seems and there is no more than one HD football game every couple of days.

take a look http://espn.go.com/espnhd/schedule.html

vurbano said:
When I go to ESPNHD website there is a list of HD presentations originally produced in HD they begin in October it seems and there is no more than one HD football game every couple of days.

Go here... http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/espnhd/index

They are having an HD Triple header on Sept 4th/Sept 11th... (Maybe b/c NFL won't be started yet??) I heard them specifically mention this on TV.

I guess after that it is Thursday Night/Saturday Night. :smug

Orlando Vol said:
Go here... http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/espnhd/index

They are having an HD Triple header on opening weekend...

I guess after that it is Thursday Night/Saturday Night. :smug
Ive seen that, no where does it say produced in HD. Find me a list of the total college games shown on Espnhd in the same time period, if that list is bigger then you might be able to expect the games on your list to be HD. But I doubt it. Not 3 in one day.

vurbano said:
Ive seen that, no where does it say produced in HD.

All I have to go on is that what is on that page, comes on in HD in widescreen... No program that has been listed on that page has come on without being in HD.

They don't list anything on there (PTI, ESPN 25, etc...) that isn't in HD. Sportscenter is on that list now that it is in HD... Old School SC and Times Square SC weren't listed because they were out of studio and not in HD.

For example on Sept. 18th at Noon- San Diego St. @ Michigan is on ESPN, but it is not on the HD schedule...

This is what I'm going by.

It looks as though whoever made that schedule, pulled out the games that won't be in HD. :cool:

vurbano said:
When I go to ESPNHD website there is a list of HD presentations originally produced in HD that list begins in October it seems and there is no more than one HD football game every couple of days.

HA HA HA HA!!! :shocked

I figured out the problem.... That schedule is from last year!! ;)

It has Buffalo playing Kansas City on 10/26 @ 8:30... That's cool except it is a Tuesday Night!

Someone at ESPN needs to unlink that page!! :rolleyes:

Orlando Vol said:
HA HA HA HA!!! :shocked

I figured out the problem.... That schedule is from last year!! ;)

It has Buffalo playing Kansas City on 10/26 @ 8:30... That's cool except it is a Tuesday Night!

Someone at ESPN needs to unlink that page!! :rolleyes:
Thats funny. Sorry I assumed they had up to date info. lol

They aren't having the Labor Day Triple header (Sept. 6) in HD????? Whaaat??
Man I was hoping to catch my Alma Mater beat Pitt...again.

Go Bulls!!

04Fmgcover.gif

Actually, its not a triple header on ESPN. There are 3 games on Labor day (from SI.com)

Monday, Sept. 6
Nevada at Louisiana Tech ESPN2 1:00 p.m.
Pittsburgh at South Florida ESPN 4:30 p.m.
Florida State at Miami ABC 8:00 p.m.

"Where is the history/tradition? Tennessee has been a power program for 50-60 years! Explain this: Miami is probably the BEST University in the State, heck its a world renowned research university-- How do these THUGS and lowlife ghetto players make the grades required to stay enrolled when they can't even READ?? Frankly, its an embarrassment to a university with such institutional prestige to allow it to go on""

I think i can say this with authority-There are no saints in football (not counting new orleans).I played a few years at THE U--Cane thing whatever--,in my day it was called sun tan u which it was NOT..I met alot of other players from other schools, they are all not rocket scientists and this includes the "holy "Notre Dame who miami used to beat with regularity untill they copped out of playing US.I was hanging out with some ND players and believe me the stories i heard..and this was from an older ERA before the so called bad image-took hold..Outside of the ivy's and a few others the schools are all the same..Miami, Colorado ,FSU,Texas,even ND. etc etc..it's just who gets caught.And this is coming from a CANE...but since the mid 80's (just look at the NFL draft) Miami has become the place to be if you want to go on to the NFL

rang1995 said:
"I met alot of other players from other schools, they are all not rocket scientists and this includes the "holy "Notre Dame who miami used to beat with regularity untill they copped out of playing US.

Miami (Florida) 1st Game 1955, Last Game 1990. ND-Wins 15, ND Losses-7 Ties-1

Well there goes the "used to beat regularly" argument. Oh and Miami dropped ND because it was tired of being beaten in the regular season and having it's nat'l championship hopes dashed. Oh. wait they're from Florida, that's right they can have 2 losses and still play (and be outclassed) for the na'tl champ.
Tee-hee

rgarbonzo said:
Miami (Florida) 1st Game 1955, Last Game 1990. ND-Wins 15, ND Losses-7 Ties-1

Well there goes the "used to beat regularly" argument. Oh and Miami dropped ND because it was tired of being beaten in the regular season and having it's nat'l championship hopes dashed. Oh. wait they're from Florida, that's right they can have 2 losses and still play (and be outclassed) for the na'tl champ.
Tee-hee
As arnold said last night--"true lies" you have to be kidding,when miami became the powerhouse of today, since the 83 season don't go back to 1955 and yes they dropped them Notre dame did after getting beat up all the time with their dopey wishbone..and their coach left after getting beat 55-something and the scribes were outraged how can you do that to Notre Dame ???etc etc

rang1995 said:
As arnold said last night--"true lies" you have to be kidding,when miami became the powerhouse of today, since the 83 season don't go back to 1955 and yes they dropped them Notre dame did after getting beat up all the time with their dopey wishbone..and their coach left after getting beat 55-something and the scribes were outraged how can you do that to Notre Dame ???etc etc

How is that a true lie? I posted the facts. The facts are that Miami is 7-15-1 against Notre Dame. "Don't go back to 1955", are you tryng to say that Miami didn't have a good football team? Not my fault. Oh and if you want to just go from 83, I'll say this. Miami never beat Ara, they feasted upon Gerry Faust in the 80's. 1985 (Gerry Fuast's last year) No. 4 Miami defeated unranked Notre Dame 58-7. (That's what happens when you have a high school coach take over at ND) ND did not have a great team now let's see how Coach Holtz's tenure was against Miami. 1987 No. 2 Miami defeats No. 10 ND 24-0. 1988 (must be the year that's still getting to ya) No. 4 ND defeats No. 1 Miami 31-30. Also voted one of the greatest college games ever played. 1989 No. 7 Miami defeats No. 1 ND 27-10. 1990 (The last year that you claim was a defeat for ND ) No. 6 ND defeats No. 2 Miami 29-20. So lets see since you only want to focus on 83 on you want to erase the majority of wins against a bad Miami team. I'll go from 1985 because I know that the early 80's Irish were not competitive under Gerry Faust. So since 1985 Miami is 3-2 against ND. In games where it counted (Both teams ranked) Miami is 2-2 against ND. Doesn't sound like domination to me. Oh, and Miami was forced to drop ND because of the Big East when they joined in 1991. They had to play a set number of league games, they knew this when they decided to join the Big East. They decided they want to play rivals like Florida and Florida State for non-conference games. More revenue and less expenses when you travel in-state compared to traveling to South Bend, LA or anywhere else they would've played out of state.

rgarbonzo said:
How is that a true lie? I posted the facts. The facts are that Miami is 7-15-1 against Notre Dame. Don't go back to 1955, are you tryng to say that Miami didn't have a good football team? Not my fault. Oh and if you want to just go from 83, I'll say this. Miami never beat Ara, they feasted upon Gerry Faust in the 80's. 1985 (Lou Holtz's first year) No. 4 Miami defeated unranked Notre Dame 58-7. ND did not have a great team now let's see how the rest of Coach Holtz's tenure was against Miami. 1987 No. 2 Miami defeats No. 10 ND 24-0. 1988 (must be the year that's still getting to ya) No. 4 ND defeats No. 1 Miami 31-30. Also voted one of the greatest college games ever played. 1989 No. 7 Miami defeats No. 1 ND 27-10. 1990 (The last year that you claim was a defeat for ND by 55 points) No. 6 ND defeats No. 2 Miami 29-20. So lets see since you only want to focus on 83 on you want to erase the majority of wins against a bad Miami team. I'll go from 1985 because I know that the early 80's Irish were not competitive under Gerry Faust. So since 1985 Miami is 3-2 against ND. In games where it counted (Both teams ranked) Miami is 2-2 against ND. Doesn't sound like domination to me. Oh, and Miami was forced to drop ND because of the Big East when they joined in 1991. They had to play a set number of league games, they knew this when they decided to join the Big East. They decided they want to play rivals like Florida and Florida State for non-conference games. More revenue and less expenses when you travel in-state compared to traveling to South Bend, LA or anywhere else they would've played out of state.
Wow! What's that sizzle I hear? It's the sound of someone getting burned by the facts! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts