Espn-HD: MLB Baseball : Anaheim Angels at Cleveland Indians 8pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
It looks like that besides Sunday Night Baseball, ESPN-HD will start doing more HD baseballs or Programs on Mondays and Wednesdays starting in July 2004. This is taken from ESPN-HD schedule and it is subject to change without notice.

6/30 7pm: ESPN-HD: Wednesday Night Baseball: Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees (subject to blackout). Dissappointed that I will not be able to see it in NYC.

7/5 8pm: ESPN-HD: Sunday Night Baseball: Chicago White Sox vs Chicago Cubs (added 6/29)

7/5: 2pm: ESPN-HD: Monday Night Baseball: Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals

7/7: 7pm: ESPN-HD: Wednesday Night Baseball: Oakland A's vs Boston Red Sox

7/8 2pm ESPN-HD: MLB: Anaheim Angels vs Chicago White Sox

7/11: 7pm: ESPN-HD: Sunday Night Baseball: Chicago Cubs vs St. Louis Cardinals (added 6/29)

7/12: 8pm: ESPN-HD: 2004 Home Run Derby (This one should be good)

7/12: 10pm: ESPN-HD: 2004 All-Star/Celebrity Softball Game

7/14: 7pm: ESPN-HD: SportsCentury: Pedro Martinez (I saw this interview before. I think that it must an HD transfer or it could be a new one).

7/15 (thursday): 6pm: ESPN-HD: Thursday Night Baseball: Baltimore Orioles vs Tampa Bay Devil Rays (added 6/29)

7/18 6pm: ESPN-HD: ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks (added 6/29)

7/19: 8pm: ESPN-HD: ESPN's Monday Night Baseball

7/21: 2pm: Espn-HD: MLB Baseball : Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs 2pm

7/25 8pm: ESPN-HD: Sunday Night Baseball: New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox (added 6/29)

7/26: 7pm: ESPN-HD: Monday Night Baseball

7/28: 7pm: ESPN-HD: Wednesday Night Baseball

8/1: 8pm: ESPN-HD: Sunday Night Baseball (added 6/29)

8/8: 8pm: ESPN-HD: Sunday Night Baseball (added 6/29)

8/11: 7pm: ESPN-HD: Wednesday Night Baseball (added 6/29)

AWESOME!! Normally I can't stand the Yankees being shoved down my throat by FOX and ESPN, but Sox/Yankees is must watch.

I checked the Voom line up for the Wed. 6/30 Red Sox/Yankees game and it doesn't show the game being in HD...hope this is just an error on the website, that will be my first Voom experience night, my install is earlier that day: wish me luck!

ROLLZROYCE said:
I checked the Voom line up for the Wed. 6/30 Red Sox/Yankees game and it doesn't show the game being in HD...hope this is just an error on the website, that will be my first Voom experience night, my install is earlier that day: wish me luck!

It is... Go by the ESPN-HD website. They are very accurate and up to today it is still in HD! Look here. If you leave in NYC or around an area where YES is transmitted, you may get blacked out. Crazy as it sounds I will not be able to see it in HD. :(

It shows the Home Run Derby in HD but no Allstar Game... which will probably be on Fox or another crappy SD channel.

Go Yanks!

Let's go Yanks!!! 1918....1918...1918...

Ahem, er ah, alright. Sorry about that. Got a little carried away there. :)

Sean,

So you're saying I may not be able to watch the Yanks in HD because it's on YES, which I CANNOT watch on Voom???? That sucks...

The Rickster

Yes, Fox has the MLB All-Star game but no promises of HD. All I can see is a "maybe" on the AVS Forum. I've been reading that for months and everyone is hoping that Fox will have HD for the All-Star game. Here's all I can find on the subject (posted on "The Spot")
As it stands now, yes the Allstar game will be in HD on DirecTV and OTA in some local markets, definatly not all. As for which, i don't know yet. This will not be the "Launch" of FOX HD, that will be later in the year. It will most probably be one of those special events on channel 85 or so, but it will be your opourtunity to view FOX in HD for the first time. The anticipated start of FOX HD programing is in August with the new Fall Prime-Time programs. I can't say with any certanty what percentage of programs will be produced in HD, but expect most if not all NFL on FOX games to be in HD at the begining of the season in Sept.
(posted on "Spot" by ccrews)

Good news about Boston/Yanks tonight. It says so on the ESPN-HD posting.

GadgetRick said:
Let's go Yanks!!! 1918....1918...1918...

Ahem, er ah, alright. Sorry about that. Got a little carried away there. :)

Sean,

So you're saying I may not be able to watch the Yanks in HD because it's on YES, which I CANNOT watch on Voom???? That sucks...

The Rickster

Yeah that is correct. YES has exclusive rights in our area tonight. The only games that are not subject to black out by ESPN are the Sunday Night Baseball because ESPN buys the national exclusive package for Sunday Night. It sucks but this is how George gets his $$$.

So will tonight's game be widescreen? Everytime I've tuned into ESPNHD, all sports and sports clips are 4:3.

SoupMama said:
So will tonight's game be widescreen? Everytime I've tuned into ESPNHD, all sports and sports clips are 4:3.

It will be widescreen HD, if you are not in YES-Network Area. If you are in YES-Network Area, it won't be even in 4:3 - only a black screen will stare at you saying "This Program has been black out in your area". :)

Yes. Watching Wakefield's knuckler in slo-mo HD is pretty cool. I really don't like AL baseball much, but I'll take any major sport in HD.

Sean Mota said:
Yankees Wins AHAHAHAH...Yankees Wins... This is getting old...
Rivera strikes out the side in the ninth - ROFLMAO. I guess NESN has the rights to the game up here in MA as it was blacked out on ESPN here as well.

eschu97611 said:
BOSOX are fading faster than Voom's future in the Sat. TV industry!!-LMAO

Actually my Tampa Bay Devil Rays and sweet LOU are much closer to them in the Wild Card Race. Go Devil Rays... Go Lou...

I cant believe the "glove" excuse I heard all over the radio on espn radio! did they even watch the game? The lazy A$$ didnt get infront of the ball! What is rule #1 of fielding in little league? stay infront of the ball, and if you think its a tough one to catch knock it down, fall on it if you have too!

hes a good hitter but hes gonna cost them more games! TOO SLOWWWWWWWWW if you ask me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts